Hey there,

I bought a blackberry classic unlocked with Telus (canada).

I'd need to have it unlocked with Videotron, though every time I insert the Videotron simcard the phone doesn't recognize it.

Furthermore, whenever I go to my mobile settings, all I see is a note saying that there are no sim card in the device (even if the Videotron card is inserted). Also, there is no button I can press in order to enter an unlock code (the phone's status is currently marked as unlocked).

From researches I made, I learned that Telus unlocked phones would be using an MEP4 code, whereas Videotron phones would be using an MEP2 code.

I already acquired unlock codes, already tried solving this issue by going to my simcard settings through both mobile network and security and privacy settings. I obviously already tried shutting the phone off then on with the needed simcard... still can't manage to get a prompt asking me to unlock it, nor does the card get detected.

Do you know if there's anything I can do to solve this issue (other than switching to an "MEP4 provider")?

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 11:08 AM
    maybe one of the pins in the sim card reader is broken
    06-06-15 11:20 AM
    OK... does it recognize a SIM from Telus? (BTW, is it branded to Telus)? If it's banded to Telus and a Telus SIM does work you have ruled out a damaged SIM interface, but now need to "prove" it's unlocked. Have you tried any other SIM cards?
    raino likes this.
    06-06-15 01:39 PM
    MEP2 and MEP4 are types of locks that are put on phones. Most carriers just do the MEP2 (network lock,) but some also do the MEP4 (service provider lock.) Between Telus and Vidotron, the only codes that matter in this particular case are Telus' because the phone is locked by them.

You can determine whether or not your phone is unlocked by going to Settings>Security and Privacy>SIM Card and comparing it to the screenshots below. If you see this, your phone is unlocked:

Blackberry classic doesn't recognize simcard-200586d1378896518t-how-do-i-tell-if-my-z10-unlocked-img_00000281.png

But if you see this (and/or Service Provider says Locked) your phone is still locked:

Blackberry classic doesn't recognize simcard-184662d1374379851t-tmobile-z10s-unlocked-img_00000403.png

'Network' is the MEP2 lock and 'Service Provider' is the MEP4 lock. I believe you'll need both lines to show Unlocked to be able to use the phone on Vidotron.
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    06-06-15 09:57 PM
    Hi lads, turns out the pins in the phone were bent a bit. I managed to send my phone to a friend of mine so he could fix it. Thanks for all your help and ideas, it's been very helpful!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 11:37 AM
    Hi there

I have a similar problem with my Q10, the device notes that it is unlocked, as shown in the first screenshot (in 3 places)

T- Mobile Sim card works in other phones, 02 simcard was working but is no longer detected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    04-25-16 09:40 PM