people find silly on why I am using BB classic with OS 10 in 2021, because it is outdated. I bought this due to dual functionality(best in touch and type + security). My question is even when it supports android apps like whatsapp. I am not receiving the whatsapp notification (audio or video call or messages) at the right time when the phone display is OFF. There is some lag in delivering notifications. It works only when the app is opened initially. When I am referring to the forum, enable permissions is they what telling. But, i enabled it also. Still I am not getting notifications at the right time.
    01-17-21 10:15 PM
    How did you install WhatsApp? Should have downloaded it from WhatsApp and installed it.
    01-18-21 08:11 AM
    It should work fine, but slower do to the Horse power of the classic
    01-19-21 01:54 PM
    Is t possible that this is just a general issue with whatsapp?
    I have heard from several people who have the same issue. I had it as well a few months ago and somehow it just went away. Also the people were using many different phones from diverse brands. I am sure that the issue is with whats app. It is really annoying but maybe when a new update for the app is available or maybe it is just overloaded.

I am not sure but i think it is definitely the issue with whatsapp and not with your phone or OS 10
    01-19-21 03:04 PM
    How did you install WhatsApp? Should have downloaded it from WhatsApp and installed it.
    I download it from official website only. But, I didn't received the call at right time. Is there a way to solve this?
    01-25-21 02:28 PM
    @sadash the best way to install whatsapp is to download the APK file from a trusted source such as apkmirror or apkpure and then install it. I have done the same and currently using a clasic right now and it's working perfectly. All notifications coming through. I have downloaded the APKPURE app which gives you notifications on when a newer version is available and then you can update it which is pretty neat only downside is due to the processing power of the classic the app can be very slow.

I came on this thread for an issue of my own actually. When I get notifications my screen doesn't pop. The sound if fine and the LED blinks but the screen doesn't pop for some reason. Also at random times in the day usually evening time my blackberry hub does not refresh or update. I have to either restart the phone or take it in and out of flight mode then the emails start to come through again. I have the same emails setup on my blackberry KeyOne and that works seamlessly.

Regards
    01-29-21 05:27 AM
    ‎No, it was not. I found which causing this. For skype app, it was running even when app is closed from home page (but originally app was in background only. Just check with Device monitor- it will be enabled in background.). But for whatsapp, when the app is closed from home page, when we check with device monitor whatsapp shows closed in background. Thatsway, the app is unable to bring the notification at exact time. But it's do after 5 and above minutes.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-21 11:25 AM
    I download it from apkpure only. What is the way to get whatsapp working in my mobile-classic. It's been working for some people which not works for me. What is the reason. I exactly pinpoint the cause of this issue. May any one helps regarding this. Tq

Posted via CB10
    02-01-21 05:21 AM
    Is downloading from blackberry droid helps for this? Its a payment app.
    02-01-21 07:02 AM
    Is downloading from blackberry droid helps for this? Its a payment app.
    I would only load from BBW or the company direct anything payment or money related.
    02-01-21 07:38 AM
    Which money related store supports this?
    02-01-21 12:05 PM
    Which money related store supports this?
    Probably none as BB10 isn’t considered actively maintained and secure by industry and regulatory standards. It’s the same reason why the old APKs from old Android versions are dangerous to use and download. There could be known and unknown security issues.
    02-01-21 02:42 PM