Hello, I will be the first to admit that i have not participated on this forum for many years since my 9780 screen broke and i switched to a couple of iPhones but i just want a quick yes / no / don't bother advice, i cannot stand smart phone keyboards and i don't really use apps so i thought i would switch back to BB, i may still by a used £10 9780 to take the screen out and try in mine but inthe meantime i bought what i thought was a new 9900, paid £40 via Amazon because of no packaging etc, anyhow it does look new and does connect to EE etc but firstly when i turn it on it has the T Mobile logo start up (Not to happy with that) so the only thing i really want from this 9900 is the text and e-mails, only i have the Enterprise Activation, so to cut a long story a bit shorter, is it worth the effort to try and do a work around to get the e-mail side to work or is it a case of too much hassle, don't bother as it's not totally unlocked and maybe look at investing in either another 9900 (New) or Classic (New) hoping new means new from China, cheers anyway, sorry this is an essay.
    12-21-20 09:02 AM
    You have Enterprise Activation?

EE offers BIS or BES still? If so you might have some sucess in using it. But if not, it's not worth it at this point.

Also BBOS email client is outdated, if your using any cooperate accounts - they might flag it as unsecured and block it.

Some info here The Bold Explorer
    12-21-20 01:12 PM
    It is for sure worth it. It really isn't much hassle and has been one of the best things I've ever done phone-wise! Du-Du-Du-DOIT I say! Most networks still support BIS too so no worries there
    01-05-21 10:11 AM
    It is for sure worth it. It really isn't much hassle and has been one of the best things I've ever done phone-wise! Du-Du-Du-DOIT I say! Most networks still support BIS too so no worries there
    Do you know for sure EE offers BIS still, and will active new devices?
    01-05-21 10:22 AM
    I’m not sure if anyone is activating new BIS lines even here in USA anymore
    01-05-21 01:59 PM
    Well technically no one is activating any 3G only phones at this point.

I'm just not sure about Great Britain, the EU or BlackBerry's home country....
    01-05-21 02:50 PM
    Hello, I will be the first to admit that i have not participated on this forum for many years since my 9780 screen broke and i switched to a couple of iPhones but i just want a quick yes / no / don't bother advice, i cannot stand smart phone keyboards and i don't really use apps so i thought i would switch back to BB, i may still by a used £10 9780 to take the screen out and try in mine but inthe meantime i bought what i thought was a new 9900, paid £40 via Amazon because of no packaging etc, anyhow it does look new and does connect to EE etc but firstly when i turn it on it has the T Mobile logo start up (Not to happy with that) so the only thing i really want from this 9900 is the text and e-mails, only i have the Enterprise Activation, so to cut a long story a bit shorter, is it worth the effort to try and do a work around to get the e-mail side to work or is it a case of too much hassle, don't bother as it's not totally unlocked and maybe look at investing in either another 9900 (New) or Classic (New) hoping new means new from China, cheers anyway, sorry this is an essay.
    Do you know for sure EE offers BIS still, and will active new devices?
    Ah, I hadn’t seen the EE stipulation and sadly as far as I can see EE dropped BIS. But other networks like Vodaphone and smaller ones like GiffGaff still support it.
    Yeah phone networks work very differently in the UK to the US, I tried doing things in the US and it was a nightmare of contracts and confusing things. I couldn’t get my head round it at all. In the UK you just ask your network (often by sending them a text) to kindly pop you on things like BIS and they will do it if they can, it is currently free too which is a bonus.
    The way it works here 3G wise is if whatever phone you put your sim card in has 2g 3g 4g 5g etc antennas then you can get any of those signals that are in range. Contracts aren’t linked to phones in so much as they are sim cards here. So far only the 3 network has taken the 2g option away but other than that as far as I know its all fair game as long as your phone has the antenna for it. So say I had a contract with Vodaphone for the latest 5G Iphone, if I wanted I could throw the phone away and put my sim card into a 1999 Nokia 7110 and call and text away on 2G to my hearts content. As far as I can tell it doesn’t seem to work quite like that in the states?

But I suppose to get back to the main point of the thing. From my experience in the UK, I have been swapping between a Bold 9900, 7900 and an old blue 7290 all of which work with Email, BBM, MMS, Internet Browsing (using Opera). Though Some stringent email services (such as a relative of mine who works in the Ministry of Justice) don't like the older security of BIS (I assume that’s the issue) and will occasionally throw my emails into spam. I would say, in the long term, BB10 phones like the classic will hold up for a much longer while being as they are less tethered to BIS (which will be shelved this time next year). Good luck with it and hopefully you find a solution that works for you. Do get in touch if you need any specific advice.
    01-06-21 05:53 AM
    Really sorry this is late but thanks to everyone who has answered and helped, i must admit that i haven't contacted EE, what i do find strange is i used some third party software to wipe the OS (BBSAK??), then reinstalled a couple of OS7's through this site, Orange and DoCoMo Japan, i still get the T Mobile flash up on the screen, after that i gave up but i would still a BB, i would by a new Classic but am concerned i will have the same trouble.
    01-13-21 08:03 AM
    Really sorry this is late but thanks to everyone who has answered and helped, i must admit that i haven't contacted EE, what i do find strange is i used some third party software to wipe the OS (BBSAK??), then reinstalled a couple of OS7's through this site, Orange and DoCoMo Japan, i still get the T Mobile flash up on the screen, after that i gave up but i would still a BB, i would by a new Classic but am concerned i will have the same trouble.
    Carrier info was installed differently or in another way than the OS. Were ways of changing the splash screen on BBOS... but that was a long time ago for me.

Classic should still work for now on EE, but you'll need to make sure you get the right model for their network (BANDS). It doesn't use BB's BIS.... that said it does require some BlackBerry Services, and those are ending in about a year. So it would be a short term solution. Next would be the BB KEY devices, they will work... but the OS is stuck in 2017 and security patches are at an end.

Really need to consider if you can't live without a PKB phone.
    01-25-21 09:09 AM
    Thank you for replying, I will say that i am really not very good at forums, if i didn't use the reply link in the e-mail i would not have a clue how to find this thread (Is that the right terminology) and then i was going to reply to Dunt Dunt Dunt's answer using quotebut it look like i was typing over it, maybe it's meant to look that way, anyhow on to BB, i think i will hand in the towel and use my smartphone but it was worth a try and i thank all of you for your interest, a BB is just the right phone for me as i never use apps, can't get on with screen keyboards but like anything something always comes out top dog, there was a time when Nokia kind of ruled the mobile phone world, now look, thanks again, take it easy, stay safe.
    01-25-21 10:35 AM
    Thank you for replying, I will say that i am really not very good at forums, if i didn't use the reply link in the e-mail i would not have a clue how to find this thread (Is that the right terminology) and then i was going to reply to Dunt Dunt Dunt's answer using quotebut it look like i was typing over it, maybe it's meant to look that way, anyhow on to BB, i think i will hand in the towel and use my smartphone but it was worth a try and i thank all of you for your interest, a BB is just the right phone for me as i never use apps, can't get on with screen keyboards but like anything something always comes out top dog, there was a time when Nokia kind of ruled the mobile phone world, now look, thanks again, take it easy, stay safe.
    Yeah I'm not sure why some of these feature phones don't offer a full PKB rather than just a number keyboard.
    01-25-21 03:28 PM
    Yeah I'm not sure why some of these feature phones don't offer a full PKB rather than just a number keyboard.
    Me neither really, QWERTY > T9
    01-25-21 03:55 PM