Hi, the last BB device I had was probably back in 2012, but ever since I've missed everything about my BlackBerry. I've recently started a new job that requires a lot of email work from home, and my first thought was to go back to BlackBerry Bold 9900, as I enjoyed every feature of this device at the time. I've read through most of the information on this forum, however I'm still a little confused (as I haven't used a BlackBerry since 2014). So I'm just wondering whether someone could let me know whether I can still use a BlackBerry Bold 9900 for email on wifi only (no sim)? Thank you
    02-29-20 04:18 PM
    If you only need e-mail from a phone, then you could look into a BlackBerry Classic.

DON'T get anything older than that.
    Laura Knotek and John Albert like this.
    02-29-20 06:18 PM
    Thanks for the advice. So will the classic work on any email provider? I have Outlook and iCloud accounts, as well as some Exchange services. I don't want to put a sim card in for calls or anything, just use wifi and wifi hotspot off my other phone. Just looking for a daily driver for wifi.
    03-01-20 01:51 PM
    Thanks for the advice. So will the classic work on any email provider? I have Outlook and iCloud accounts, as well as some Exchange services. I don't want to put a sim card in for calls or anything, just use wifi and wifi hotspot off my other phone. Just looking for a daily driver for wifi.
    Yup, will work fine with Outlook accounts.
    Not sure about iCloud though, never tried.

For your intended use, the Classic would be the perfect device.
    jlscott2 likes this.
    03-01-20 02:14 PM
    Home... WiFi only.... Perfect device is a laptop running a current and updated OS. If those Exchange Services are for work... you need to make sure of what they support. Do they use an UEM that has some minimum device requirements?
    03-02-20 07:39 AM