What network is compatible with my blackberry bold 9900
    I took it to T-Mobile & they told me it wasn’t compatible when the phone was specifically made for T-Mobile

I just wanna make calls and text
    11-30-18 02:08 AM
    What network is compatible with my blackberry bold 9900
    I took it to T-Mobile & they told me it wasn’t compatible when the phone was specifically made for T-Mobile

I just wanna make calls and text
    That would depend on which variant of the Bold 9900 you own and whether the networks in your area have started re-assigning their 3G bands to LTE. The Bold doesn't have LTE, so if the towers have been changed over, you're out of luck.

To summarize, your phone may have the wrong bands -- or there may be no bands available in your region to connect with.

If GSM Arena is correct (https://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_..._9900-3116.php), there are two versions of the Bold

1. There is a regular version of the Bold 9900, which should connect to AT&T (or Rogers, Telus, and Bell in Canada).

2. There is also an AWS model, which should connect to T-Mobile (or Freedom Mobile in Canada).
    11-30-18 08:52 AM
    That phone was released seven years ago, hasn't been sold by Blackberry authorized resellers in four and a half years, and reached End of Life in April of this year. It's obsolete, and T-Mobile is under no obligation to support it indefinitely.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-30-18 09:21 AM
    Would be best to upgrade to a newer Berry, the 9900 is almost 8 years old
    12-02-18 01:53 AM
    Would be best to upgrade to a newer Berry, the 9900 is almost 8 years old
    It may be old, but it's still a great device, and it's a shame that there's nothing comparable available today. The KEY phones offer the PKB, but they are completely different beasts.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    12-02-18 02:09 AM
    It may be old, but it's still a great device, and it's a shame that there's nothing comparable available today. The KEY phones offer the PKB, but they are completely different beasts.

I owned the 9900 and yes it was great, as many will agree.

But it's time to move on and the KEY Berrys are the only things standing between us and being stuck with boring slabs
    12-02-18 02:24 AM
    I owned the 9900 and yes it was great, as many will agree.

But it's time to move on and the KEY Berrys are the only things standing between us and being stuck with boring slabs
    I understand. But my problem is Google Android/iOS vs BB10/BBOS. To me the difference between a BB10 slab and an Android slab is much bigger than the difference between BlackBerry Android and regular Android.

I just don't see much of the old BlackBerry magic in the current phones. To me, the PKB doesn't matter as much as the focus on work.

12-02-18 06:56 AM