When I try to install BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59.exe it will not install on my Windows 10 Desktop machine and comes up with the following error message:

"An error occurred during the installation of the software.

Some of the installation files from the previous versions of the software could not be removed. Make sure that no other application is using these files."

Now...I have seen this in various posts but NOBODY is indicating WHAT FILE or FILES is/are causing the problem.

If somebody would let me know what this file, files or registry entries I need to remove to be able to install Blend I would be grateful.

Frankly because there have been so many posts on this error one would have imagined that Blackberry would produce a "Fixit" file to remove this problem if they want people to purchase their products....

Thanks in advance...

Luka4307

06-20-17 08:40 AM
    Hi! The title of your question is for Windows 7, but your comment is for Windows 10.
    If it is Windows 10, have you tried changing the properties of the .exe file to run in compatibility mode for Windows 7? (Just throwing the thought out there).

1. Right Click on the .exe file
    2. Choose properties
    3. Go to the Compatability tab
    4. Under Compatability mode (second section on the page) check off Run the program in compatability mode for Windows 8 (I'd try that first) and the Windows 7 (if things do not improve
    5. Click Apply and OK

Give it a shot.

Hope this helps...

(While you are on that page you can also check off near the bottom Run this program as administrator).
    It already should be when you launch it, but this should make sure of it and that all files and file locations can be accessed during the installation.
    06-20-17 01:21 PM
    It's dead. What are you wanting to do?
    06-20-17 01:24 PM
    It still works as I use it on my Win10 machines. Uninstall blend and link. Run CCleaner to get rid of all remaining files from registry and install it again after a reboot
    06-20-17 04:46 PM