I just downloaded google search app from BB world and it asked me for an API for which I logged on to my gmail a/c from my browser. I instantly got a notification that I was logged into Gmail a/c using Safari browser on Mac os. How is it possible? Are BB and Apple using the same os or what?
    07-06-15 08:39 AM
    Most likely just a user agent, it's how the http request identifies itself to the target, sometimes using the User Agent of another device/OS will make it send back the correct/ more modern website or information.

For example on Symbian, we where always given the WAP google Search page, which was old and crap, now if we changed the Useragent to IOS or Android we where given the page we all see today.
    newbb12 likes this.
    07-06-15 08:44 AM
    The BlackBerry browser is based on webkit, just like Apple's browsers are. Some websites just use a sort of 'best guess' method when it comes to user agents so when a mobile webkit browser is seen, it just pulls Safari as the end device browser.

Kind of an overly simplistic answer to your question, but it just boils down to both Apple and BlackBerry using the same framework for their respective browsers.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 05:35 AM