Hi, my mate recieved his blackberry and turned it on and apparently put the password in wrong 5 times thinks the phone has been wiped but its never been used and I think maybe he hasn't set it up yet? is that the reason? if not could you please help me and advise me what to do next?
    07-14-17 07:00 PM
    If you boot up the phone and it asks for a password, that means the previous owner did not wipe the phone. I don't believe there is any way around that, unless you can get the password from the previous owner. You didn't mention what Blackberry Phone you are working with and did not explain all the steps that you have tried. Maybe someone will pop in here and give you better info than I can guess at.
    07-14-17 07:20 PM
    Hi, my mate recieved his blackberry and turned it on and apparently put the password in wrong 5 times thinks the phone has been wiped but its never been used and I think maybe he hasn't set it up yet? is that the reason?
    If it asked him for a password to even begin setting it up, it was already set up and whoever had it before him never wiped it or removed their accounts. Next up, try setting it up again and if it asks you for a password or anything, then contact the original owner or wherever they bought it from.
    jafobabe likes this.
    07-14-17 07:23 PM
    The OP will have to register a user name, and give us more information.

My question is: Where did your mate buy the phone? A brand new phone would not have a password on it prior to setup.
    07-15-17 10:01 AM