Out of the 4 Blackberry's that I can buy new today, which one would be best for a 16 year old boy?

- Keyone
    - Motion
    - Keytwo
    - Keytwo LE
    02-14-19 11:21 AM
    My 15 yr old enjoys his Motion. The concept of a real keyboard is kind of lost on most kids these days.
    02-14-19 11:29 AM
    Out of the 4 Blackberry's that I can buy new today, which one would be best for a 16 year old boy?

- Keyone
    - Motion
    - Keytwo
    - Keytwo LE
    Unless he likes the physical keyboard (doubtful), I would skip the BB and move onto something else. IMHO the Motion is too expensive and old unless you can find a good deal (also doubtful).
    howarmat and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-14-19 02:38 PM
    Agreed none of the BB full screen devices are worth it considering all the other good devices that are there at a decent price
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-14-19 03:02 PM

- Keyone
    - Motion
    - Keytwo
    - Keytwo LE
    I would get either a KEY² LE, or put the BlackBerry apps on a Nokia 7.1 for $350.
    02-14-19 06:03 PM
    If you want the look of the BlackBerry 10 UI with its beautiful Slate font, then get a OnePlus 6 or 6T, and add BlackBerry apps like Hub+ and Keyboard. BlackBerry Mobile failed to heed my advice to license that font from Monotype at a summer 2017 Chicago meetup, and by that fall OnePlus had trotted out Slate on its own devices as an alternative to Roboto. Big opportunity missed.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    02-14-19 09:15 PM
    KEY2 LE
    02-14-19 10:34 PM

- Keyone
    - Motion
    - Keytwo
    - Keytwo LE
    E) some other full touch but with the BB apps on it if you so desire.
    02-14-19 11:04 PM
    I think used old BlackBerry classic or q10 or q5 are better for fresh boy than more expensive new phones.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-19 08:54 PM
    I think used old BlackBerry classic or q10 or q5 are better for fresh boy than more expensive new phones.

Posted via CB10
    I think a kid would die without SnapChat and Instagram.
    02-28-19 09:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do you have any inkling of an idea what teenagers do with their phone nowadays?
    02-28-19 10:04 PM
    I'd say a cheap silver KEYone, preferably a unit built after July 10th 2017 lol
    02-28-19 10:39 PM
    I think having cell phone is not abusolutely necessary for children.It's just a hobby.In my opinion.
    So I think cheaper old phone is so enough for that purpose.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-19 08:45 PM
    punkt phone so you can communicate and nothing more lol
    03-02-19 08:32 AM
    if your 16 year old is coder to be, I would suggest either K1 BE or K2 LE. both are in the low price range, with good trade off on spec. if your kid want to be social media personality, popular kid on the block, get better slab from Sony (good camera), or latest Nokia (5 or 6 camera in the back). If he want to earn some living during his university years, go get iphone (not the >1000 dollar one), swift 5 (programming language) just in beta testing. He can get his feet wet and make some app after 2 yrs. Stanford got open course on swift (youtube), the prof is excellent (totally hands on and walk you through step by step... although it is not swift5, but at least you get your feet wet). IMHO. By the way, if the kid want get into finance or accounting, KB still has eye catching good comments from peers - but not in banking, insurance or real estate. Class distinction for some reason. if your kid got long finger nail, forget the KB. ;-).
    03-02-19 11:32 AM
    I have three teenage boys.

17: Autistic and uses my old Z10 no sim. He's only managed to break it once and a replacement screen was super cheap. He surfs on it.

15 and 14: Both have S somethings my wife got them with sims. Surprisingly they use them mostly for talk, text and nav. They use tablets and laptops for frivolous stuff. Perhaps when girls become more prominent in their lives that will change.
    03-02-19 12:33 PM
    I think that my 16 year old might be a little bit crazy, he says he wants a PKB. So...I need help

Posted via CB10
    the_boon likes this.
    03-24-19 10:29 PM
    I think that my 16 year old might be a little bit crazy, he says he wants a PKB. So...I need help

Posted via CB10
    Whichever one is in your budget will do.

The best options today are the KEYone Black Edition, KEY2, and KEY2 LE.

I personally recommend the LE
    03-24-19 11:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    He can try out a KEY2 LE over at Best Buy. I personally would shell out more bucks for a bigger, capacitive PKB and get the KEY2. Again, it depends on your budget. For the rest of the year I'm enjoying my Cobalt Blue Classic, though I'm waiting for the prices of the BlackBerry Mobile phones to fall before I consider buying one.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    03-25-19 05:46 PM