Yes. BlackBerry World.
    No, I don't want an official site with apps that have been vetted by BlackBerry. I wanted some anonymous site where I can download files with no guarantees so I can feel like a techie who is in control of my device as I download potential malware!

Can you point me to one of those, preferably with an .ru domain?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    ppeters914 and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    02-23-18 10:47 AM
    No, I don't want an official site with apps that have been vetted by BlackBerry. I wanted some anonymous site where I can download files with no guarantees so I can feel like a techie who is in control of my device as I download potential malware!

Can you point me to one of those, preferably with an .ru domain?

www.trustustheseappsaresafe.ru
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-23-18 10:50 AM
    Awesome! I would live to see the traffic to that link over the next 24 hours!

02-23-18 11:15 AM
    When the AppWorld dies, will it be possible to get the apps specially made for BlackBerry from somewhere else?, not android modified apps, actual BlackBerry 10 apps???

Posted via CB10
    It will be solely at the discretion of the developer to make the apps available. Until that time enjoy the BB10 experience.
    02-24-18 01:45 AM
    So BB failed to keep the store alive? It will be difficult to trust anything that is not google or apple again.
    02-24-18 02:24 AM
    So BB failed to keep the store alive? It will be difficult to trust anything that is not google or apple again.
    There will be nothing to keep alive. Outdated, removed, and no longer working apps for a phone line that has been shut down. Why would they?
    02-24-18 05:54 AM
    To honor their customers who still use the legacy devices worldwide
    02-24-18 12:58 PM
    To honor their customers who still use the legacy devices worldwide
    For a legacy system that is being shut down? If legacy devices cease to function, what need is there for apps?
    02-24-18 01:30 PM
    They don't cease to function necessarily and many in third world countries still use them so the BlackBerry abandonment of their devices hard earned is showing them the finger! ...nothing more
    02-24-18 02:07 PM
    They don't cease to function necessarily and many in third world countries still use them so the BlackBerry abandonment of their devices hard earned is showing them the finger! ...nothing more
    But the company has left the consumer hardware business and doesn't have any other consumer lines of business. How do you justify to shareholders that you're going to continue flushing their money down the proverbial toilet?
    02-24-18 02:14 PM
    For those in 3rd world countries or just have a tight budget, Android Go phones are scheduled for release this year.

BB10 is clinically dead.
    02-24-18 02:17 PM
    Companies are not obligated to provide support indefinitely for obsolete products. Ford no longer offers parts for many old cars, either.

02-24-18 02:19 PM
    Blackberry, hoping to bank on loyalties of customers of yore, could have stood above the fray, but alas not...
    02-24-18 02:24 PM
    Blackberry, hoping to bank on loyalties of customers of yore, could have stood above the fray, but alas not...
    That there aren't enough blindly loyal customers to make that a sustainable enterprise is why they're spinning down everything to do with their pre-Android devices over the next two years.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-24-18 02:33 PM
    Customers who are "loyal" to for-profit companies are naiive fools, IMO. Loyalty is for friends, families and causes, not for business. Business relationships are governed by exchanges of value. If one side isn't receiving value that side should terminate the relationship. That's true both for companies and their customers.

Mecca EL likes this.
    02-24-18 02:39 PM
    BlackBerry traded on that loyalty so they took then as now their clients as dupes per what you say
    02-24-18 02:42 PM
    poor people see value in what they have and not in what is taken away from them
    02-24-18 02:50 PM
    poor people see value in what they have and not in what is taken away from them
    So they are entitled to free support for eternity?
    02-24-18 02:59 PM
    BlackBerry traded on that loyalty so they took then as now their clients as dupes per what you say
    No, BlackBerry already fulfilled all their obligations per the terms of purchase and the licensing terms that their "clients" signed when they set up their phones. That relationship is now over. Buying a product does not entitle the buyers to lifetime support unless that is offered at the time of purchase.

BlackBerry phones came with a one year warranty and will be supported for 4-6 years, depending on the device. BlackBerry has exceeded it's commitments to its customers.

You are acting like someone who buys an old phone deserves support for as long as they want it. That's simply not true. If you buy an old car, the manufacturer doesn't ha e to fix it or infer new parts for it, either.

Mecca EL likes this.
    02-24-18 03:00 PM
    Some would say that... at least enough to operate the basic pre-installed BlackBerry apps so they can make calls, use SMS and email...
    02-24-18 03:01 PM
    Some would say that... at least enough to operate the basic pre-installed BlackBerry apps
    Those will continue to be available via autoloaders. The BlackBerry World store isn't needed for those.

02-24-18 03:02 PM
    We will agree to disagree since I believe even some LE and First Responders in some 3rd world still carry holds & curves & such...
    02-24-18 03:05 PM
    We will agree to disagree since I believe even some LE and First Responders in some 3rd world still carry holds & curves & such...
    The curve will have been supported for 10 years by that point.

How much longer would be "fair" for the company to continue spending many millions of dollars per year?
    02-24-18 03:08 PM
    HP extended a partially eaten carrot to all the EOL webOS devices by making the OS open source and there's still a lively group who work on them ... I still blame HP for killing one of the most creative ecosystems ever (palm)
    02-24-18 03:20 PM
    HP extended a partially eaten carrot to all the EOL webOS devices by making the OS open source and there's still a lively group who work on them ... I still blame HP for killing one of the most creative ecosystems ever (palm)
    You didn't answer the question. How many years would you consider "fair" ?
    Last edited by conite; 02-24-18 at 04:27 PM.
    02-24-18 03:41 PM
76 1234