I've been using a Z10 for a couple of years it works fine with the BIS sim from a curve on contract many years ago although I did have to have it cut in a sim cutter. I don't want to change to a new contract as I'm on a fantastic deal. Will the priv work with BlackBerry Internet services and ordinary sims like BB10 phones do. PS i will never get a locked handset again. I buy my phone and just get sim but I don't want to change my out of contract deal as it's very good and costs pennies!

My lubbly jubbly Z10. Shine on you crazy BlackBerry
    10-24-15 07:28 AM
    So, breaking the news to you (in case you don't already know): your Z10 is not running on BIS. It can't. OS 10 is incompatible with BIS. Who is your carrier? Some carriers, to keep their customers happy, have created "pseudo-BIS" deals. In other words, they called the features BIS, even though they were not, and created special data deals to mimic BIS compressed data costs. (Mountain was famous for this).

However, the Priv, like the Z10, will work on standard data plans. Neither work on BIS.
    Last edited by scrannel; 10-24-15 at 11:47 AM.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-24-15 11:15 AM
    I've been using a Z10 for a couple of years it works fine with the BIS sim from a curve on contract many years ago although I did have to have it cut in a sim cutter. I don't want to change to a new contract as I'm on a fantastic deal. Will the priv work with BlackBerry Internet services and ordinary sims like BB10 phones do. PS i will never get a locked handset again. I buy my phone and just get sim but I don't want to change my out of contract deal as it's very good and costs pennies!

As the above comment has said, the BlackBerry Z10 does not run BIS because it simply can't. That service is only available to BlackBerry OS 7.1 and below devices.

BlackBerry 10 devices like your Z10 run the same "Data Services" like any Android or IOS device.

But to answer your question, No the BlackBerry Priv will not utilise the BIS Services but you will still receive the same plan you are currently on provided to use the same Sim

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on OS 10.3.3.271
    10-24-15 02:12 PM
    If I put my sim in any phone other than a blackberry I can't get data only calls. Also on my Z10 I quite often get the BlackBerry logo with 3g and signal bars. I can't get 4g as Z10 doesn't support my carriers bands! I know bb10 doesn't use bis but it was built to work on bis sims as well if I put sim into android handset I get no data.

10-31-15 12:02 PM
    I just looked up on net bbZ10 and Q10 are Dual they work on BlackBerry Internet and open internet I ve got a feeling the priv won't work with the older BlackBerry sims.

10-31-15 12:16 PM
    Here's a screenshot of Z10 with BlackBerry Internet service
    BIS sim cards from bbOS-img_20151031_172302.png

10-31-15 12:25 PM
    The dog is cute.

The BlackBerry logo means you are getting BlackBerry data services such as BBM. That's different from BIS.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    10-31-15 05:31 PM
    Originally I had my 9900 sim in my Z10. It works but with no BIS or LTE.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 06:02 PM
    The dog is Pheobe a rescue who we got 3 weeks ago she's a collie /saluki cross and an absolute darling who likes to run and run and run! Thanks for posts as i was starting to get confused. If my sim won't work it won't be the end of the world i will just have to upgrade to a newer plan. Your replys are greatly appreciated thank you!

11-01-15 04:52 PM