I am using a BlackBerry DTEK60 (I just got it recently) and I was wonder which is better for battery life LTE 1 or 2 bars out of 5 or 4G HSPA 4 or 5 out of 5 bars? I tried using the search function but nothing similar came up.

I am on Rogers Wireless in Toronto, Canada.

At my house (old house with solid cement exterior walls) I get 1 or 2 bars out of 5 bars for LTE and 4 or 5 bars out of 5 bars for 4G HSPA+ in the house. When I am home I am using Wi-Fi. When I am outside the LTE reception is better, even on my front steps (literally being on the other side of my front door) I get 3 out of 5 bars of LTE.

On my two previous smartphones (iPhone 5s and BlackBerry Z30) I noticed that LTE was a big drain on the battery.
    05-11-17 12:24 PM
    Newer modems are better.
    Stronger signal is better.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-11-17 12:46 PM
    Newer modems are better.
    Stronger signal is better.
    Thanks! That is a good point and I like that answer. I think for now I will do what I did before with my previous LTE smartphones which is leave it on 4G when I am not actively using it or on Wi-Fi and switch to LTE (it literally takes a few seconds to switch) when I am out and actually would notice the difference. At least until they upgrade the wireless network infrastructure near my house and I get at least 3 bars of LTE at which point I will leave it on LTE all the time.
    05-11-17 01:45 PM
    Thanks! That is a good point and I like that answer. I think for now I will do what I did before with my previous LTE smartphones which is leave it on 4G when I am not actively using it or on Wi-Fi and switch to LTE (it literally takes a few seconds to switch) when I am out and actually would notice the difference. At least until they upgrade the wireless network infrastructure near my house and I get at least 3 bars of LTE at which point I will leave it on LTE all the time.
    With my Z10, turning off LTE would have been very helpful as batter life was terrible on it. But Verizon removed that ability.....

On my new Droid... battery life isn't any issue. But if it were, I'd probably setup TASKER to disable LTE whenever I was connected to a known Wi-Fi Network (home or work). TASKER is tricky to use, but you can automate so much with it.
    05-11-17 03:37 PM