Does anyone have experience of Writer or Noted (or both of these apps). Ever since I found the option in Microsoft Word to select white text against a blue background (this supposedly makes it easier to sit typing at a computer for many hours; less eye strain, fewer headaches that sort of thing). I’ve always appreciated alternative colours, and a minimalist word processing type interface is good too.

For this reason Writer looks nearly perfect. I love the option of having a black background with green text, (I choose all dark themes on the Blackberry), and partly because it reminds me of old green-screen monitors crossed with The Matrix.

The other day I saw another app on Blackberry World called ‘Noted’. Does this also allow for black (or blue) backgrounds with different coloured text?

And finally, does anyone have a particular preference and why? Or is there one even better than these two? I used to love using Text Edit on the Mac, which was really bare bones… alongside a free Word Processor called Bean which was lovely to write with; super smooth, no lag, no extra stuff on screen, customisable colours.

I tried Docs to Go and Evernote. Neither really seem to fit the bill.
    Last edited by One Brain Cell; 05-28-15 at 01:18 PM.
    05-27-15 02:56 PM
    I'd love if Docs2Go or Microsoft Office Mobile would do that. Heck I'd love if MS Word 2013 would do that...
    05-27-15 04:49 PM
    Doc to Go has so much potential. I use it everyday. Simple options like this should be made available by BlackBerry. After all, it is a productive suite.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    05-29-15 02:21 PM
    Does anyone have experience of Writer or Noted (or both of these apps). Ever since I found the option in Microsoft Word to select white text against a blue background (this supposedly makes it easier to sit typing at a computer for many hours; less eye strain, fewer headaches that sort of thing). I�ve always appreciated alternative colours, and a minimalist word processing type interface is good too.

For this reason Writer looks nearly perfect. I love the option of having a black background with green text, (I choose all dark themes on the Blackberry), and partly because it reminds me of old green-screen monitors crossed with The Matrix.

The other day I saw another app on Blackberry World called �Noted�. Does this also allow for black (or blue) backgrounds with different coloured text?

And finally, does anyone have a particular preference and why? Or is there one even better than these two? I used to love using Text Edit on the Mac, which was really bare bones� alongside a free Word Processor called Bean which was lovely to write with; super smooth, no lag, no extra stuff on screen, customisable colours.

I tried Docs to Go and Evernote. Neither really seem to fit the bill.
    Noted has all standard features of the other apps listed. What sets it apart in my opinion, is the option to set up a secure password protected folder within the app.

This way, personal or sensitive documents can be kept secure.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 02:31 PM
    I wonder how Noted applies password on it's own folders. It sounds like an OS feature to me. I know BlackBerry OS 10 doesn't allow to password protect a directory and its elements (either files or sub directories). Hopfully, BlackBerry will add this feature to future versions.
    Is there an app that allow us to to this currently?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    06-01-15 01:23 PM
    As an update, I went for Writer. Its as simple as can be and very nice for it. It comes with a bunch of preset themes, so I always use the Matrix style green text on black background.

I used to have a Lumia with One Note built in. I could use that to cut & paste from a 3rd party app all the news stories I needed for that day, and keep multiple docs/files. Writer does that too, with active hyperlinks and the ability to send your Writer docs as text file attachments or in the body of an e-mail. Its quick and simple, and I'm at least one of those things. In all I'm happy I've got the functionality that I enjoyed with the Lumia, in the Classic.

Writer is version 1.0 software and hasn't been updated since 2013, but so far I haven't found anything wrong with it (though admittedly my requirements are rather basic). Well worth the cost of a couple of packets of crisps, and much appreciation to the developer :-)
    06-24-15 03:01 PM