I posted on something similar earlier, but I have a Pixel 2 XL and I just got a BlackBerry KEYone. Since the Pixel runs Android 9 and the KEYone has Android 8.1, you actually can't restore data from the Pixel to the KEYone during setup. (See the note under "Restore backed-up data & settings" here: https://support.google.com/android/answer/2819582?hl=en.) I confirmed this when attempting to setup my KEYone - it says that I have no Google Drive backups even though I just forced a backup on my Nexus.

Given this, what's the best way to carry over as much data and settings as possible from the Nexus when I'm setting up my KEYone? I do know that my contacts/calendars/photos/e-mails travel with my Google login. And, I know that Helium is an option for some app data (although its Google Drive support seems to be broken, based on my experience and recent reviews on the Google Play store). I know there's a BlackBerry Content Transfer app, but that doesn't seem to transfer much beyond what travels with my Google login.

Are there any options that I'm missing? I liked the way my old phone was setup, so I'd like to transfer over as much as possible as I can, including wallpapers, settings, and app data. I would personally prefer not to root if at all possible, as I'm not at all an advanced user and I'd really only be rooting for this purpose.

Any advice you have would be much appreciated!
    04-23-19 03:12 PM
    There are literally hundreds of different apps for both Android and your desktop to back up your device. Most of them all work in the same way and save the same data. At some point, you just have to bite the bullet and do what you can vs. trying to seek out 'the best' because there is no best, only what works for you due to the limitations Android has without root access.
    04-23-19 04:59 PM
    There are literally hundreds of different apps for both Android and your desktop to back up your device. Most of them all work in the same way and save the same data. At some point, you just have to bite the bullet and do what you can vs. trying to seek out 'the best' because there is no best, only what works for you due to the limitations Android has without root access.
    Thanks! Are there a few that you'd recommend? Most of the apps that I've come across either require root or don't backup much beyond the e-mails/photos/contacts/calendar appointments that just sync to Google.
    04-23-19 05:11 PM
    Are there a few that you'd recommend?
    Not really. I don't actually mind setting up as new when I switch devices. I find it rather cathartic plus it reduces the possibility of issues being transferred or occurring. The important to me stuff is already transferred through Google.
    04-23-19 05:14 PM