We will be in Montana in Big Sky.
    08-12-16 12:28 PM
    I would say an AT&T network SIM card. So your options would be AT&T GoPhone, Cricket, H2O Wireless, Straight Talk (AT&T,) among others.
    I would say an AT&T network SIM card. So your options would be AT&T GoPhone, Cricket, H2O Wireless, Straight Talk (AT&T,) among others.
    08-12-16 12:40 PM
    I agree with Raino, where are you coming in from? How long are you there for? If you are coming from Canada and staying for a short period Rogers roam like home plans work very well
    08-13-16 05:06 PM
    Check out RoamMobility. They are Tmobile reseller. Also check your own carrier to see if they offer a per diem charge to let you use your own phone plan while roaming. However, most carrier charges are more expensive than Roam Mobility. But you don't have to get a Roam Mobility sim card.
    08-14-16 12:10 PM
    last time I went to the US, I used the Bell roaming plan... 5$ per day. Pretty good and you have the advantage of keeping your number and roaming on a few carriers. Roam mobility is good too but you'll get a US number and your coverage is limited to T Mobile
    08-14-16 12:20 PM
    My experience with Roam Mobility was great in the US, poor in Mexico to the point I had to ask for my money back. Which we ended up going to CRTC in Canada got my $$ back but for that reason stopped using Roam altogether. There lost as I travel in the US, on business on a regular basis. Check with your regular carrier to see what they have to offer.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 12:39 PM
    @Everyone suggesting Roam Mobility: the OP will be visiting Montana. TMO has "partner" coverage in Montana, which is PR speak for "we didn't build a network, so you will be roaming." Good luck with that, especially on TMO prepaid.

At least AT&T claims to provide native voice (and maybe even 3G) coverage for GoPhone customers. And given that TMO suggests a phone with 850 MHz, it's possible that their partner is AT&T.
    08-14-16 01:05 PM
    When I'm in the states for a few weeks I get a sim for AT&T, they have the most shops and the cheapest activation fee.
    08-14-16 04:22 PM
    in the end, it all depends on your needs and preferences. If you want to keep your number, contact your carrier and see what kind of roaming plans they offer. If you don't mind using a US number, check which carrier covers your area
    08-16-16 03:07 PM