I do it every night - swipe down and disable all notifications except alarm. Bedside mode disables my Sim and cellular services for the sleep time and then in the morning I'm back online. My question is does this frequent on-off procedure have some effect on the reception quality or hardware? Obviously it preserves battery charge but other than that - how does it affect the phone?

My device: Z30/STA 100-5/OS v.10.3.3.2205
    03-02-17 10:26 PM
    I used Bedside Mode for a long time. I never noticed any problem with signal reliability or any hardware issues from using it. The only issue that you may have is that your phone won't grab updates, along with email or messages while the radios are disabled.
    03-02-17 11:02 PM
    I don't think it's disabled. It's just all muted. When I made a call to a BlackBerry on bedside mode it rang normally, not right to VM. You should be fine

When you wake up your phone in the AM all your msgs are all there already. If it was off they'd come in flooding at the same time
    03-02-17 11:29 PM
    Bedside Mode is a GOOD thing!
    Effect??? I'll use my own scenario for my Z10 and Passport.

For starters, except for a few system apps, no app should EVER "run in the background." The only advantage goes to the developers and up the ladder from there.By allowing an app to run in the background,you're giving it the freedom to talk to any other app that's running" and to phone Home with pretty much all your data.
    Now, they "say" it's to gather info to target what you do so they can make your entire experience more personal and fun for you.
    And I have a bridge for sale!
    That's the deep "Hello!! wake up version. But, this being my scenario I'm going to assume that you're at least as smart as I am and are aware of what's really going on in the world. Which means you're fully aware that whatever freedom you thought you had was taken from you a long L O N G time ago. EVERYTHING that you do on your mobile device or anything that you use to communicate is recorded in a compound located in Utah called "The Intelligence Community Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative Data Center." ,This is a massive complex so large it is more than five times the size of the US Capitol. The heavily fortified $2 billion facility encompass's 1 million sq.feet.

Its purpose: to intercept, decipher, analyze, and store vast swaths of the world’s communications as they zap down from satellites and zip through the underground and undersea cables of international, foreign, and domestic networks. But, don't worry.Although it's run by the largest and most powerful Terrorist Organization on the planet we have our finest keeping it running as you would expect any well organized Agency to run things. In this case, it's part of our very own National Security Agency and the terrorist organisation is non other than the United States government.

Oh yeah.... bedside mode puts most everything that you don't have set for that mode into a sleep mode. The only way it might effect your hardware is if you're the kind of person who tends to throw your device against a wall in an attempt to let you sleep an extra 5 minutes. But when it comes to reception quality I'm afraid it does not help it. In fact, it does nothing to hurt it either. And, without you even realizing it, you should reboot your device at least once a day and whenever you update upgrade or download .

OK, well, that's the short version but it'll have to do.
    03-02-17 11:46 PM