As far as I understand, BBM Personal is being discontinued next month.

The Crackberry home page has been quiet on this matter. There is limited talk on BBM forum.

If we don't want to changeover to some other service, such as Whatsapp,
    my question of cost are:

It seems the annual cost is 5dollars per year per subscription (for private conversation to select individuals, five devices can use the same BBM ID ... with no individual conversation)

Is an Enterprise account available so several individuals do not have to individually subscribe?

Is there a program for BB owners at no charge?

Is there a group price?
    Last edited by mandony; 04-22-19 at 12:20 PM.
    04-22-19 11:46 AM
    As far as I understand, BBM Personal is being discontinued next month.

The Crackberry home page has been quite on this matter. There is limited talk on BBM forum.

If we don't want to changeover to some other service, such as Whatsapp,
    my question of cost are:

It seems the annual cost is 5dollars per year per subscription (for private conversation to select individuals, five devices can use the same BBM ID ... with no individual conversation)

Is an Enterprise account available so several individuals do not have to individually subscribe?

Is there a program for BB owners at no charge?

Is there a group price?
    No group price, no family plans, and no discounts for Blackberry owners.
    04-22-19 11:54 AM
    The Crackberry home page has been quiet on this matter. There is limited talk on BBM forum.
    https://crackberry.com/emtek-consumer-bbm

No group price, no family plans, and no discounts for Blackberry owners.
    You do, however, get one year free.
    04-22-19 05:48 PM
    There is no harm in trying it out for a year. This was such short notice, and I believe it was also short notice for BlackBerry.
    For BlackBerry to be providing this solution for users, and have a year free is a great offer. There is nothing to lose for us. It is also long enough for them to work on new additions to what is already in the program. I wouldn't be surprised if they came with some new features for it.
    04-25-19 01:10 AM
    If you use blackberry 10, there is no point in using bbm enterprise, though, you could upgrade to it within bbm itself. BlackberryOS/bb10 bbm is hosted by blackberry limited.

Submitted via blackberry passport on freedom mobile HSPA+ or LTE
    04-28-19 10:46 PM
    If you use blackberry 10, there is no point in using bbm enterprise, though, you could upgrade to it within bbm itself. BlackberryOS/bb10 bbm is hosted by blackberry limited.

Submitted via blackberry passport on freedom mobile HSPA+ or LTE
    Sure there is. If you want e2e encrypted chats with other BB10 users, you need to upgrade to BBMe.
    04-28-19 10:52 PM
    BB10 users don't have to do anything. In fact the BBMe consumer app isn't even available for them. They can simply have someone who is using the app invite them to chat, or to join a group. They'll be treated as if they they are Enterprise then - chats will be encrypted, etc. Because BB10 users never were transferred to Emtek, they won't be dropped with the other BBMs at the end of May.

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    04-28-19 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD