Hi everyone,

I had the Privacy and Control subscription until it did stop to continue a few days ago.
    In BlackBerry World it says, that I still have the subscription and it fails to unsubscribe if I'm trying to (screen shot).
    In the BBM app it says, that I don't have a subscription and it fails to subscribe if I'm trying to (screen shot).

Does anyone know, what might cause the issue? (My PayPal account is fine)

Thank you in advance

BBM Subscription Fail-img_20160125_135158.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zocster; 01-25-16 at 03:03 PM.
    01-25-16 11:35 AM
    Edit out your email address from the screen shots.... 50% of your PayPal login.

See this article on PS1036lq error code:
    "We ran into a problem while processing your request. Please try again later. (PS1036lq)" when logging into PayPal from BlackBerry World on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    01-25-16 02:26 PM
    Edited.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    01-25-16 03:04 PM
    There's a couple of things. First, login to your PayPal account and go into 'Security' and then 'Security Key'. If you have a security key configured you need to temporarily disable it because BlackBerry have never bothered to support OTP for PayPal.

Then try logging in to PayPal again on your phone. Sometimes you need to press the login key multiple times - 5, 10, 15 times - before it actually logs in and lets you pay.

Then once it's been paid, go back and re-enable your security key.

Seriously - it's been like this for years and BlackBerry have made zero effort to fix it.
    01-25-16 06:31 PM
    The fact that the PayPal screen shot was included in the original post is irrelevant to the OPs issue. As were all the responses. The problem is with the BBM subscription service. I have a similar issue with the custom pin subscription. I have one and I get charged for it every month and it gets paid through PayPal without any trouble, but when I checked the custom pin in the BBM shop, it tries to get me to subscribe again. When I put in my current custom pin, it says that it is already taken. It's not that big of a deal, but I suspect that the OP is having a similar issue with privacy and control.

Posted from my Verizon Z10 10.3.2.858
    01-25-16 08:07 PM
    Must be a bug. I have a subscription to the privacy one. Auto renews every month and works fine no issues.

Is yours on auto renewal?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 08:26 PM
    Edit out your email address from the screen shots.... 50% of your PayPal login.

See this article on PS1036lq error code:
    "We ran into a problem while processing your request. Please try again later. (PS1036lq)" when logging into PayPal from BlackBerry World on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone
    Thank you DaFox, I will get to the article as soon as possible.

These aren't my actually PayPal login information, just filled it out, that it is not empty. But I appreciate your advice, you are totally right.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 10:36 PM
    There's a couple of things. First, login to your PayPal account and go into 'Security' and then 'Security Key'. If you have a security key configured you need to temporarily disable it because BlackBerry have never bothered to support OTP for PayPal.

Then try logging in to PayPal again on your phone. Sometimes you need to press the login key multiple times - 5, 10, 15 times - before it actually logs in and lets you pay.

Then once it's been paid, go back and re-enable your security key.

Seriously - it's been like this for years and BlackBerry have made zero effort to fix it.
    I don't have configured a security key. Until a few days ago it did work fine. Just all of the sudden it stopped working.

Thanks for your response.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 11:47 PM
    The fact that the PayPal screen shot was included in the original post is irrelevant to the OPs issue. As were all the responses. The problem is with the BBM subscription service. I have a similar issue with the custom pin subscription. I have one and I get charged for it every month and it gets paid through PayPal without any trouble, but when I checked the custom pin in the BBM shop, it tries to get me to subscribe again. When I put in my current custom pin, it says that it is already taken. It's not that big of a deal, but I suspect that the OP is having a similar issue with privacy and control.

Posted from my Verizon Z10 10.3.2.858
    Yes, you are probably right.

Despite the issue, are you still using your custom pin? I can't use the subscription features anymore, since the auto renewal stopped (at least in the BBM shop). That's to bad, because I'm using them all the time.

Thank you for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 12:09 AM