BlackBerry needs to keep pushing BBM. I want to see it as the top app for communicating. The obvious is having BBM Video cross platform. But what about being able to download BBM on your PC or Mac? Being able to call anyone around the world or video call from your desktop I'm sure would help gain users. I have a Z30 and since getting this handset a couple of years ago, I don't really use a computer but I'm sure there are many people across the world that would love to be able to log in from their desktop/laptop/tablet and have BBM chat, voice and video to communicate.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 06:34 AM
    BLEND......

But yeah many have said the same thing. I think the issue might be that in the markets where BBM has seen the most sucess, computers aren't used as often as in other markets.

As for BBM Video... would you pay for it?????
    gugomat likes this.
    12-10-15 08:24 AM
    BlackBerry needs to keep pushing BBM. I want to see it as the top app for communicating. The obvious is having BBM Video cross platform. But what about being able to download BBM on your PC or Mac? Being able to call anyone around the world or video call from your desktop I'm sure would help gain users. I have a Z30 and since getting this handset a couple of years ago, I don't really use a computer but I'm sure there are many people across the world that would love to be able to log in from their desktop/laptop/tablet and have BBM chat, voice and video to communicate.

Posted via CB10
    BBM lost the distinction of being the top communication app years ago.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 10:09 AM
    Doesn't blend need your phone close by? And can you place calls or video calls?
    Also, I know that it has lost its position of being at the top, that's why I said this may help get it back.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-15 05:51 PM
    Doesn't blend need your phone close by? And can you place calls or video calls?
    Also, I know that it has lost its position of being at the top, that's why I said this may help get it back.

Posted via CB10
    As long as your device has a data connection (WiFi or mobile), it will connect to Blend. It doesn't even have to be in the same hemisphere.
    12-10-15 05:56 PM
    My 8 year old son that doesn't own a phone could have a BBM account and log into it and communicate with me when I'm on the road. That's the type of desktop version I'm talking about. He doesn't have a phone to use blend. Can blend do that?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-15 08:29 PM
    My 8 year old son that doesn't own a phone could have a BBM account and log into it and communicate with me when I'm on the road. That's the type of desktop version I'm talking about. He doesn't have a phone to use blend. Can blend do that?

Posted via CB10
    Well, you need a phone to use Blend in the first place, so I highly doubt it.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.2339
    12-11-15 08:32 PM
    Exactly! Which is why I'm confused on why everyone is coming back with blend as a solution.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-15 06:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you, there definitely should be a desktop version of BBM. I'm pretty sure, this would be a way to attract new customers as well. I personally would like it to finish a conversation on my Desktop, which I started on my device (without using Blend). And as you already pointed out, it would be a great way to communicate to younger family members, who don't have any mobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 03:45 AM
    I also agree that BBM should have a desktop version.

I will be getting a priv next week and will be loosing blend as a solution. Which is the only real hesitation I have with upgrading from my passport.

I see myself switching my BBM between the two devices often on days I need to use Blend.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 06:20 AM
    I agree it should also,

But since it doesn't, to talk to your son download skype onto your blackberry, and onto your computer, and you can talk

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 04:23 PM
    I agree it should also,

But since it doesn't, to talk to your son download skype onto your blackberry, and onto your computer, and you can talk

Posted via CB10
    We put bbm on an iPad and communicate that way now. Just wish they would come out with cross platform BBM video!!! They are really dragging their feet on that one!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 10:35 PM