There must be a way to move BBM chats from Classic to Keyone or at least export whole conversation. I have tried to find the backup file on device, copy convo, email convo, but no luck.

Please help. I can't believe in all my years of being with Blackberry and meeting so many smart people, that this is not possible. Started with a 957 device (still have in perfect working condition and my last BBOS will be Classic)

Come Crackberry world...someone please help.

I would be fine just keeping Classic as a reference with all the conversations, but once I log into KeyOne with BBID, my conversations will be gone on classic.

HELP!!!
    06-18-17 05:39 PM
    they're not gone on the classic. All of mine are still there.
    06-18-17 06:06 PM
    That doesn't really answer the question, though good to know. I can't take the chance that I do this and get locked out of the messages on the Classic.

No one has a method around this? Come on guys...I have faith in you!

I know the data is in there...just need a way to get it out.
    06-19-17 11:28 AM
    Nope. Can't do it. There are a million reasons why.

Take screenshots or copy the messages. That's the only way it's going to work.
    06-19-17 11:36 AM
    I can't believe there is no way to hack around this.

And copy messages only works for a small sampling of the messages. I have conversations that go back years and need all that data in a searchable manner.

If my phone got confiscated for a legal matter, you are telling me a forensics team would not be able to extract the messages needed for the case?

I can move the chats between Blackberries why can I not move them elsewhere or at least export them?
    06-19-17 12:48 PM
    Email chat?
    06-19-17 03:02 PM
    I can't believe there is no way to hack around this.

And copy messages only works for a small sampling of the messages. I have conversations that go back years and need all that data in a searchable manner.

If my phone got confiscated for a legal matter, you are telling me a forensics team would not be able to extract the messages needed for the case?

I can move the chats between Blackberries why can I not move them elsewhere or at least export them?
    I'm not sure if you can move the chats between Blackberries either.

Although they did add that backup chat option, but that's not gonna work from one device to the other.

A forensics team would have tools that we don't.

If your conversations are THAT important, you should not have waited until now to figure out how to save and move them, you should have looked into that a long time.

Important day should always be backed up in more than one place.
    06-19-17 03:30 PM
    I have transferred my chats from my devices for at least the last 8 years. All you have to do is backup your device, log into BBM on new device and restore settings. There are multiple posts on doing this.

I wasn't worried about this until now, since I never had to leave the BBOS environment, but I feel like that comment is dumb. Why would I think about it when Blackberry has always provided a method to transfer the data?
    06-19-17 03:36 PM
    Well, yeah, if you always restored data.

I always thought restoring data on a new device was a bad idea. Too much bad juju
    06-19-17 06:26 PM
    I have been restoring the same data since 2003 (with some slight exceptions). I have the same autotext entries from my first BB. No major issues for me. Except I am stuck here now.
    06-19-17 07:14 PM
    I have been restoring the same data since 2003 (with some slight exceptions). I have the same autotext entries from my first BB. No major issues for me. Except I am stuck here now.
    There is no solution like the bb os days nor like what WhatsApp provides with Google Drive Back up nor iOS iCloud BBM Back up.

Your only way out is to install BlackBerry blend & copy paste important chats onto a txt file and thereon copy paste the same chats onto your new android.

This way you wouldnt lose very important chats, but yeah media, emojis, voice notes etc wouldnt be accessible.

This is the only solution for BBM BB10 users and its worth the while as its more reliable than email or copy chat which is limited to a certain size of chat history and as far as my experience goes on two of my passports and a z30, the chat history is prone to be deleted in bits and pieces over time despite saving chat history being turned on.

Once you are on android the same issues will continue to exist as theres no google drive backup for BBM android yet, and BBM enterprise as of now backs up chats, but you wouldnt be able to access old chat history any which way.
    06-19-17 08:57 PM
    Thank you! BB Blend is the best suggestion I have gotten so far...Will try that now. Bigger problem is none of the BB software runs on Win10, so I have to find a working Win7 machine...

Off to try blend.
    06-19-17 09:06 PM
    Can't get Blend to load chats. Once connected and I can see the chat list, i get a red bar at bottom that says limited connectivity. After 15-20 seconds, Blend disconnects completely. I spoke with Blackberry Support and they claim it disconnects because the product has been discontinued.

I don't buy it. I tried all troubleshooting tips. I have disabled almost every non-essential services and programs. Running lean and mean here, but still can't fully load the chats to copy them.

Any ideas?
    06-20-17 01:11 AM
    BB Blend does work on Win10. I have it installed on two computers and used it up until I got the Keyone.

Are you connected to Blend via WiFi or the usb cable?

Can you get Blend to load emails and text messages? You may need to pop the sim back into that phone to get a good connection to bring it all up.
    06-20-17 02:00 AM
    Thanks for replying so quick. I can't really get anything to load before the device disconnects again. I haven't moved on to the KeyOne yet because I need to get the BBM chats off of this damn device.

I have tried both wifi/mobile and USB. Both experience the same issue.

Can try and take a video if you want to see what happens.
    06-20-17 02:25 AM
    Blend works fine on my windows xp as on date. The drivers are an issue sometimes and need to be reinstalled and a pc restart thereon. This is on Windows Xp. Not sure about Windows 10.

The disconnect happens due to the unsuccessful pairing of the device. Try uninstalling and reinstalling blend, and use another usb port this time round. Make sure no driver errors are reported once you hook up the usb cable to a new usb port.
    06-20-17 03:06 AM
    If you would like to help and see what exactly happens, please watch here:

I have tried on 3 different computers. All Windows 10. BB10 OS 10.3.3.2205.

help?
    06-20-17 03:18 AM
    What version Blend are you running? Regarding the load of Blend, have you uninstalled everything including link, cleared out every single scrap of the files using CCleaner and reinstalled it from scratch after rebooting once cleaning is complete?

I also think you need to check the box to remember the device when you put in your password.

That aside do you have Link installed? You can save a backup of all the files and still open the chats I believe with a hex editor if I remember correctly? I'd have to dig through cb for the thread.
    06-20-17 03:42 AM
    Blend is buggy. As the above post says, you will have to uninstall link and blend and run cc cleaner and try again.

Have you tried wifi access on blend?
    06-20-17 08:17 AM
    I have formatted a new PC, installed Win 7 from scratch, installed Blend from download file and still have the same disconnecting issue. There is literally nothing installed on this computer other than Win 7 and Blend, Link, and drivers. Have also shut off Windows firewall just to be sure.

This time I went wifi/mobile. Did not try USB, but they both usually act exactly the same.

If you can find the thread about accessing the backup with a hex editor, I would be very grateful.
    06-20-17 05:26 PM
    I am 99.9% sure at this point it is not the computer. I have installed Blend fresh on 4 different computers (2 win 10 laptops, 1 win 10 surface, 1 win 7 new desktop). I even tried the version of Blend that installs from the device itself if you have nothing installed. That just says "you need to update to current version of Blend."

I am now trying to remove Enterprise Workspace from the device and a bunch of unused apps (both BB World and Android).

Still open to any other suggestions to a few things:
    1) get Blend to stay connected
    2) export BBM chats
    3) find a program or hack to extract BBM chats from backup file

Thank all.
    06-20-17 09:04 PM
    What version are you installing? I'll see what version I have at home, when I get there. I'm at work right now.
    06-21-17 02:12 AM
    Hey did you happen to get a copy of this app when it was free or discounted at one point? Ultimate Backup from BBW . It says PIN messages, maybe it will pick up some of what you got?
    06-21-17 02:18 AM
    You got an android tablet laying around?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ackberry.blend
    06-21-17 02:22 AM
    OK my blend desktop version is 1.2.0.50 and the actual exe file name is BlackBerryDesktopSoftware_1.2.0.52_B59. My Classics not cooperating with me this morning and I'm too tired to wait for it to populate. Will get back to you on that but its whatever is available in the appworld as I keep my aps up to date.

This works on my WIN10 machines.
    06-21-17 06:48 AM
33 12