Hi, so, I have a BlackBerry Passport device and I use BBM with my BlackBerry and Android contacts. Chat works fine with everyone, and voice and video calling work with my BlackBerry contacts. However, with my Android contacts I only have the 'start private chat' button, and no voice or video call buttons, and hence no way of initiating calls with them. Also, they can try to call me, but nothing happens on my end and they are told I'm not available. They don't have this issue with calling others who use BBM. For example, my dad uses Android, my mom and I BlackBerry. Everyone can do voice (mom and dad, mom and me), except my dad and me, and video works only between my mom and me (i.e.on BlackBerry).

Any clues about what the issue might be?

Thanks a lot!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 02:32 PM
    Video calls from Passport to Android aren't supported and vice versa but you should still be able to make voice calls, though that has been known to be flaky at times too. Are you trying over WiFi or network?
    10-30-16 02:35 PM
    So far I only tried over WiFi.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 02:38 PM
    Are you guys all on the most up-to-date version? I'm not sure why BBM voice calls are not working as that feature has been present for a while.

As Bla1ze mentioned, cross-platform BBM video chat (from BB to iphone/android or vice versa) will not work. iphone to android works though. I'm hoping that is going to be opened up for true cross-platform, but not sure what's going on.
    10-30-16 11:34 PM
    I am on version 10.14.6.6 which seems to be the latest. And neither wifi nor mobile work, tried both. Not sure what the issue is then. Is it possible for me to somehow remove BBM and reinstall it since the issue seems to be on my end? Thanks for the help!

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 11:34 AM
    Another thing: my dad also has a BlackBerry and there it works - calls and video, on Android only typing/chatting works with the same account, no audio (video I know isn't cross-platform yet). And others on Android also can call other BlackBerry users, but not me. Is there anything I could do on my Passport? Reinstall BBM somehow?

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 12:50 PM