Guys I have a situation here.. the email service provider upon which my BBID is created has been shutdown. So I don't have any way to recover in case of any mishap and also from what i've heard about 10.3.2, BBID will be very crucial in future. All the BlackBerry services are configured to use that BBID so is there a way to transfer all that information to new ID or am I screwed? Sorry for painting with a broad brush.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 02:38 PM
    Go to settings, BlackBerry ID, and change your username to an email address you use. Then you'll just have to confirm your email address and you're good to go. Same account, just a new username.
    adnan.jsr and rampagingpanda like this.
    05-19-15 02:42 PM
    Guys I have a situation here.. the email service provider upon which my BBID is created has been shutdown. So I don't have any way to recover in case of any mishap and also from what i've heard about 10.3.2, BBID will be very crucial in future. All the BlackBerry services are configured to use that BBID so is there a way to transfer all that information to new ID or am I screwed? Sorry for painting with a broad brush.

Posted via CB10
    How long ago were you advised of the service shut down? I doubt they just closed shop over night.
    05-19-15 04:59 PM
    How long ago were you advised of the service shut down? I doubt they just closed shop over night.
    Yeah they announced and started sending notifications a month ago. I didn't realise the scope of impact at that time

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 12:28 AM
    Go to settings, BlackBerry ID, and change your username to an email address you use. Then you'll just have to confirm your email address and you're good to go. Same account, just a new username.
    Awesome... Thanks for your help.. you are a life saver

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 12:29 AM