Hey all,

A quick n00bish type question, but I am wishing to change the email associated with my BBID to a more secure email solution; I know that the email I use for this is my BBID essentially. If I go into my BBID settings and change around this email address (and in essence change my BBID) will all of my associated content on AppWorld, BBM contacts, etc. automatically be associated with this "new" BBID/email address?

Thanks!
    09-03-14 10:34 AM
    Hey all,

A quick n00bish type question, but I am wishing to change the email associated with my BBID to a more secure email solution; I know that the email I use for this is my BBID essentially. If I go into my BBID settings and change around this email address (and in essence change my BBID) will all of my associated content on AppWorld, BBM contacts, etc. automatically be associated with this "new" BBID/email address?

Thanks!
    According to the KB, you don't have a restriction on what email is used. And you aren't changing your BBID, just the email associated with it.

Edit: more reading.
    09-03-14 10:44 AM
    have u contacted blackberry since your id is asoiated with your email as to log in to blackberry world and also bbm info contacts groups
    09-03-14 10:45 AM
    According to the KB, you don't have a restriction on what email is used. And you aren't changing your BBID, just the email associated with it.
    I had figured there would not be a restriction, but from what I gather from that link you quoted, it seems as though an email address change will hold intact all of the content currently associated with your old (email) BBID.

Remove the current Username and replace it with a new Username (email address) that is not already associated to any other BlackBerry ID, then select Save.

Note: A confirmation email will be sent to the email address that was used as the new Username. Open the email message and click the link to confirm the change.
    Just a quick question to follow up that though; if your email address is not technically your BBID, then what is the BBID technically? I only ask as people say if you wish to associate a phone (say if you're selling it) with a new BBID you must wipe it and go enter in the email address/BBID username/password again. This had me believing that the BBID was the email address?
    09-03-14 10:48 AM
    I had figured there would not be a restriction, but from what I gather from that link you quoted, it seems as though an email address change will hold intact all of the content currently associated with your old (email) BBID.

Just a quick question to follow up that though; if your email address is not technically your BBID, then what is the BBID technically? I only ask as people say if you wish to associate a phone (say if you're selling it) with a new BBID you must wipe it and go enter in the email address/BBID username/password again. This had me believing that the BBID was the email address?
    Think of BBID in the same way as you would, say, your Crackberry account. You can change the email associated with it, but nothing else changes. And wiping the device only clears the association, it doesn't delete your BBID - that's stored on BlackBerry's servers. Just like wiping your PC doesn't delete your Crackberry account.
    Smitty13 likes this.
    09-03-14 11:53 AM