Hello,

For some time my Z10 STL-2 on BlackBerry 10.3.2.2836 has been ever slower, freezing more and more (once it froze while swiping left to accept the call and I had to reboot!!!, usually it has a delay of 2 seconds before I can hear the caller), Google Chrome often doesn't work (I have to restart the system). Sometimes, the browser just shuts down (when 10 or more tabs are open), when I open multiple traffic apps (V-traffic, Bx Metropole and Google Maps) they all show the same app and the the same thing, etc...

Is this due to the latest firmware update? Do I have to sideload again everything? Is it because the memory is almost full (I've deleted some stuff and now have 11% out of 13 GB on flash and 12% out of 58 GB on card). It seems it runs slightly better but not sure yet. Is the SD card free capacity important or does it affect the running of a Z10?

I've considered downgrading. Is it possible to revert to 10.3.0 or 10.3.1? Or it's useless and it would have to be 10.2? I read somewhere it's not a very good choice.

Booting the system takes long, too. I guess it's about 2 minutes or more.

Mobile signal disappears often, mostly after a call. But that could still be the operator (I'm on Free in France). Will check on a French forum.

People don't hear well on loudspeakers (could be due to a fall. I keep it in a flip case but bought this second hand as I lost my first one and BlackBerry protect didn't do the trick.

It's my first BlackBerry and I wish to continue. And if possible I'd like to keep my z10. But if compatibility and other issues persist... I can't afford to have a non functioning phone...

Thanks for your advice

Rastislav

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 05:09 AM
    You can't downgrade, they stopped that in 10.3.2, anti theft protection.

Your device sounds like it needs a good security wipe and your SD card cleaning out.

One thing I found work on other OS's is use Windows Disk Defrag on your SD card
    08-09-16 05:12 AM
    I think the problem is the majority of android apps you're running along with having too many apps open simultaneously.

Boils down to this: Management

 Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.2.2789 T-Mobile with Wi-Fi calling
    08-09-16 05:26 AM
    Do you mean that just the fact of having sideloaded apps poses a problem? Coz I don't usually run many windows at the same time. And Skype and other apps too run erratically. I know they may be 3rd party but sorry, they are not sideloaded apps, they are from BlackBerry World. And it didn't do this before 10.3 I think. It's become worse progressively. And since last update.

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 05:34 AM
    Security swipe? Wasn't BlackBerry almost bulletproof? Are there viruses? How if apps run in a box?

Windows Disk defrag? Menas I have to put the card in a PC...

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 05:48 AM
    Security swipe? Wasn't BlackBerry almost bulletproof? Are there viruses? How if apps run in a box?

Windows Disk defrag? Menas I have to put the card in a PC...

Posted via CB10
    security Wipe is just the Blackberry name for a reset..
    They aren't viruses, although you can get Android viruses that affect BB10's Android Runtime.
    08-09-16 11:40 AM
    You're surprised when the browser crashes if you have 10+ tabs open and running simultaneously. Some websites will hog memory. How is it this surprises you?

It's just like a PC. If you have too many applications running at the same time, you're maxing out available utilities and processor is running at maxed out capacity.

On top of that, you have multiple navigation apps open all competing for GPS signal and competing for available processing room with the CPU.

What do you expect to happen?

Android apps are not native. They require more resources than native apps. Many of the android apps run in the background if you do not know how to manage or shut them off when not in use. On top of all this, I'm fully convinced you're running in excess of 10-20 apps at the same time.

Like I said: Management

08-09-16 06:03 PM
    You're convinced I run 10-20 apps??? Never. Maximum active windows that can be run is 8. Though there may be system apps running, no, I don't even run those 8 active windows. Sorry but chrome is deranged often. I opened Skype it said that "chrome isn't responding"... no comment.

Even responding a call is much delayed...Repeat, I once had to reboot coz it was frozen...

Why couldn't I run 9-10 tabs in the browser? It has 2 GB RAM, doesn't it? But that's the least. I can reduce this to 4-5. Will it do?

I know many apps are not native. Well, what do you want me to do? Should I renounce on the majority of apps because they're not BB native?

My impression is that the Z10 is becoming slower and freezes more and more often.

So? A reset? That will do?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-11-16 12:07 PM
    @amanitaphalloides

I think the problem is the majority of android apps you're running along with having too many apps open simultaneously.

Boils down to this: Management

I agree that the less apps you have (whatever OS flavor or device...not just BB) the faster your boot time will be!
    Old apps that you don't even use anymore are still running in the background looking for data and/or sending notifications, etc. If you don't use them, lose them. Keeping things clean always help when there is rogue behavior.
    08-11-16 12:59 PM