So I would like to purchase an unlocked Q10, probably a GSM model, and use it with an inexpensive pay as you go provider. I currently pay $30/mo (USA) for non-BB service with Virgin. I don't use the phone a lot, esp. for talking. ... If you currently use a Q10 (or BB10 device) this way, could you let me know your carrier? I'm finding reliable info on the web about this is hard to find!

Thank you! -- Al
    09-24-14 10:15 AM
    So I would like to purchase an unlocked Q10, probably a GSM model, and use it with an inexpensive pay as you go provider. I currently pay $30/mo (USA) for non-BB service with Virgin. I don't use the phone a lot, esp. for talking. ... If you currently use a Q10 (or BB10 device) this way, could you let me know your carrier? I'm finding reliable info on the web about this is hard to find!

Thank you! -- Al
    Hi. I can't recall if Boost Mobile has pay as you go. I searched myself, brought up a few pages, but nothing definitive that states...."yes" at&t, T-Mobile, etc.., offers pay -as -you-go.....for the Q10. But, who knows. IMO. It shouldn't be that big of a deal to use your BlackBerry. If so, probably will have some funtionality issues- like no LTE. But, each carrier may have their own protocol that's handles it differently. Good Luck and post if you happen to find some information.
    09-24-14 11:27 AM