Is there a way to make a bunch of tasks show as one item such as a "task list" on the calendar rather than tons of individual tasks?

In the Remember App, these can be "filed" in a Task List, and then will only show up as the name of that Task List until you click the Task List where it will then show all of the individual tasks....but on the calendar each individual task shows up....when it's a long list this creates problems because you can't see anything else on the calendar, especially when these are daily tasks and it blocks your entire calendar! Haha.

Anyone know how to set this up properly?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-17 03:26 PM
    Is there a way to make a bunch of tasks show as one item such as a "task list" on the calendar rather than tons of individual tasks?

In the Remember App, these can be "filed" in a Task List, and then will only show up as the name of that Task List until you click the Task List where it will then show all of the individual tasks....but on the calendar each individual task shows up....when it's a long list this creates problems because you can't see anything else on the calendar, especially when these are daily tasks and it blocks your entire calendar! Haha.

Anyone know how to set this up properly?

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean that you can "file tasks in a task list?" Do you mean a folder? Tasks are always separate items, and will appear that way on a calendar if they are displayed at all. There is no way to groups them the way you want, to my knowledge.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    11-11-17 03:44 PM
    What do you mean that you can "file tasks in a task list?" Do you mean a folder? Tasks are always separate items, and will appear that way on a calendar if they are displayed at all. There is no way to groups them the way you want, to my knowledge.

The Remember App doesn't call them folders, it calls them "Task Lists"....though, as far as I can tell, they're essentially folders for tasks. This is fine when viewing them through the Remember App, they're grouped nicely in an ordered and configured list - but when you set the recurrence it drops them on the calendar as individual items.

In a nut shell, I'm looking for calendar note and one reminder to do all 10 tasks instead of 10 separate reminders all occurring at the same time. If it didn't automatically drop them on the calendar I would just keep a separate reminder and then check them off through the Remember App, I can't seem to figure out how to set them as a daily reoccurrence without them ALL showing up on the calendar.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-17 04:00 PM
    You could create a single task with a list of other tasks in the notes. Only the actual task would show, but you couldn't manage them individually.

BB's tasks were originally designed to sync with tasks in MS Exchange and Lotus Notes in the early 00s. There was very little revision when they were ported fr BBOS to BB10. They have not been updated to sync with newer task lists such as Google Keep, Wunderlist, etc. They still work best when synced with MS Exchange or Outlook.com.

I don't think the recurring task list use case was considered in the design.

11-11-17 04:19 PM
    You could create a single task with a list of other tasks in the notes. Only the actual task would show, but you couldn't manage them individually.

BB's tasks were originally designed to sync with tasks in MS Exchange and Lotus Notes in the early 00s. There was very little revision when they were ported fr BBOS to BB10. They have not been updated to sync with newer task lists such as Google Keep, Wunderlist, etc. They still work best when synced with MS Exchange or Outlook.com.

Makes sense. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-17 04:32 PM

Just an update/solution for anyone who may read this in the future.

There is a setting to shut off all the tasks showing up in the Calendar. Go to your calendar app, swipe down to display the menu, select the settings icon on the right, select General, scroll down to Display Tasks in Calendar, toggle to off.

It won't create the Task List (folder) that I wanted, but it will make the Calendar usable even if you have a large number of tasks.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-17 09:04 PM