Hi, I am trying to create space on my device by moving files (mostly pictures and music) to my media card, which has more space, but when I am in file manager and I hold down and "select more" the option to "move" the files is grayed out. The option to "move" files from the media card to the device is not grayed out though. I am not sure what to do to even figure out the issue. Thanks in advance!
    06-26-17 12:37 AM
    First you need to make sure that the media card is installed, meaning that it shows as available in the 'Storage and Access' area, sometimes formatting it resolves issues. Now you should be able to move files using the 'File Manager' selecting and backspacing from 'Device' to the 'Media Card' and selecting the folder where you want them to go. If that doesn't work for whatever reason just connect it to a computer with a USB cable, from there it will open the media card where you can add music, photos and create files directly so next time you access the media card from the phone the files will already be there and you should be able to add stuff. Hope this helps a little bit.
    06-26-17 07:32 AM
    Thanks for the quick response. I have looked into the "Format Media Card" option but it says that "contents will quickly be erased" which I do not want to do... I have plugged my phone into the computer, but I did not see any options that would allow me to move data from device to sd or vise-versa. (I'm the original poster by the way.)
    06-26-17 10:34 AM
    Well, you are probably aware of the fact that in the 'Storage and Access' area you can go to the 'Access using USB' and select 'USB Mass Storage Mode' which will allow access to your media card so next time you plug it in the media card content will show in the computer. You could always copy all those files and their content in the computer then unplug the phone and format the sd card erasing everything of course, then plug in again and transfer all those files back into your device along with all the new ones that you might want.
    06-26-17 12:59 PM
    Are you selecting the files first?
    06-26-17 01:03 PM
    Does the file manager let you dismiss that Format Media card screen?
    06-26-17 01:04 PM
    First you need to make sure that the media card is installed, meaning that it shows as available in the 'Storage and Access' area, sometimes formatting it resolves issues. Now you should be able to move files using the 'File Manager' selecting and backspacing from 'Device' to the 'Media Card' and selecting the folder where you want them to go. If that doesn't work for whatever reason just connect it to a computer with a USB cable, from there it will open the media card where you can add music, photos and create files directly so next time you access the media card from the phone the files will already be there and you should be able to add stuff. Hope this helps a little bit.
    That's a good tip, thanks!
    06-26-17 01:16 PM
    Are you selecting the files first?
    Yes
    06-26-17 01:16 PM
    Does the file manager let you dismiss that Format Media card screen?
    I believe so, if I am understanding your question
    06-26-17 01:17 PM
    Does the file manager let you see your folders on the memory card?
    06-26-17 01:29 PM
    Does the file manager let you see your folders on the memory card?
    Yes, I can see files both on the device and on the memory card
    06-26-17 04:34 PM
    After you select the files, you should hit copy or cut, if I remember correctly???
    06-26-17 05:19 PM
    There is a copy and a move option, but the move option is not permitted.
    06-26-17 05:54 PM
    may be there is a system folder in selected folders. You should format your memory card, using windows , with exFAT format (will let you store file more than 4Gb in your memory card), backup your files first and them move them to memory card after formating.
    And sometime OS10 block the memory card, cannot move or copy to it. Restart your phone will solve them problem.
    06-27-17 03:06 AM
    may be there is a system folder in selected folders. You should format your memory card, using windows , with exFAT format (will let you store file more than 4Gb in your memory card), backup your files first and them move them to memory card after formating.
    And sometime OS10 block the memory card, cannot move or copy to it. Restart your phone will solve them problem.
    Ok, I will give that a shot now.
    06-27-17 09:47 PM
    Ok, I formatted the card but still cant move files to it. I'm at a total loss on what to do....
    06-27-17 09:57 PM
    Try to install Dropbox on your phone. See if the phone will let you copy, then move the files to your online storage.
    06-29-17 01:41 PM