using BB Protect - Location Services. The map that shows has html errors on it and also shows an error message "the specified credentials are invalid. You can sign up for a free developer account....". Is there something wrong with the BB web page?
    Minju Jube likes this.
    05-14-18 02:21 PM
    using BB Protect - Location Services. The map that shows has html errors on it and also shows an error message "the specified credentials are invalid. You can sign up for a free developer account....". Is there something wrong with the BB web page?
    There are things being changed and lots of services going down, but usually come back in a few hours.

Try back later and see if it works...
    05-14-18 03:07 PM
    There are things being changed and lots of services going down, but usually come back in a few hours.

Try back later and see if it works...
    The html errors have been there for a few months. the "credentials" error appeared about a week ago...still there so far?BB Protect - Location Services not working properly?-bing-maps.jpg

is something broken on the BB Protect page? OR is there something different that i need to do?

thanks for your help!
    Last edited by jimboat63; 05-19-18 at 09:49 AM.
    Minju Jube likes this.
    05-18-18 02:17 PM
    This is not a one-off situation.

I've lost my phone twice, once at home and once at work in the span of two months. When checking on the map multiple times (both with full charge and no charge), this message appears. My map only gives a general vicinity with no offer of the typical bubble.

I tried to go through the process of the developer account but besides simply signing up, there are no resources on exactly HOW to use this developer access.

I accepted that this loss is the new normal. This stinks so hard.
    05-26-18 09:13 AM
    Minju Jube - thanks for your experience. BB has really let us down. We've been loyal BB owners for many years, even though there have been phones with more/better features. It doesn't seem proper that BB abandons the few features that were still working. Can't even get any support responses as explanation. too bad.
    05-26-18 09:18 AM
    Minju Jube - thanks for your experience. BB has really let us down. We've been loyal BB owners for many years, even though there have been phones with more/better features. It doesn't seem proper that BB abandons the few features that were still working. Can't even get any support responses as explanation. too bad.
    ? They lost billions, most of the Loyal BB owners out there today bought second hand or at greatly discounted prices - and thus shouldn't expect features that haven't really been paid for. If you bought brand new and at full price, you did so three years ago and should have gotten your money's worth by now.

Sorry but nothing last forever....
    05-29-18 02:31 PM
    This is not a one-off situation.

I've lost my phone twice, once at home and once at work in the span of two months. When checking on the map multiple times (both with full charge and no charge), this message appears. My map only gives a general vicinity with no offer of the typical bubble.

I tried to go through the process of the developer account but besides simply signing up, there are no resources on exactly HOW to use this developer access.

I accepted that this loss is the new normal. This stinks so hard.
    I just tried, and I get similar errors. It spots the location of the phone, but the dot gets covered up by that "invalid credentials" error box. But, you can pan the map around to see the dot.

The html error may be an icon that's no longer hosted where it's supposed to be.

The credentials error is related to Bing maps. Microsoft made some changes to Bing recently and many developers had to make changes to how it's accessed. At work, we recently had to install updates to our AutoDesk products to account for those changes with Bing Maps. BlackBerry just obviously haven't made their own back-end changes, so we see the error. But it's not meant for us.
    05-29-18 04:23 PM