I drive Infiniti QX50, without Navigation. When I plug Priv (STV100-3, runs on Android 6.0.1) with USB, even though it charges, none of my music appears on the car display and cannot play. I get "device not recognized" message. All my music is on an external card. I have used an iPhone and the USB port works and I can see and play the music though the car's system. Another post suggested to go to Settings -> "Storage and Access" -> "USB Mass Storage" = ON, however, USB Mass Storage does not appear as an option and there are no similar options I could find. Android is compatible with Infiniti. Any suggestions?
    08-21-17 01:44 PM
    My suggest would be to see if there is an Infiniti forum... Priv is a Android phone and in most ways should work like most Marshmallow powered Android.

That said a quick search and some are saying the USB connection only works with iOS devices in QX50s. Bluetooth is the best option for Androids. (might vary based on year)

Then others say the media can't be on the SD card, that the system only will see the internal storage.... might try moving one song.
    08-21-17 03:11 PM
    I have to second the mass storage suggestion. My z30 is not a recognized device unless mass storage is enabled. Without it enabled I get a similar unrecognized device message.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-17 04:33 PM
    I have the altima, cousin of your car. the usb in the car worked w older bberries but not with the priv. bluetooth works for music. try going into dev options and usb charging mode and change to MTP.
    10-03-17 09:23 PM