Hello all,maybe this is a sore topic, but with all the new features and all that blacberry has done, is there any talk on a new and better tablet, I know they tried back in 2010 with the playbook and well I almost joined the bandwagon, but I did not and now I am looking to join the tablet revolution and well to be honest I really love the BB enviroment, just got my Z3 working ad well it is by far the best device that I have ever had and I have had them all from iPhone to Android to HTC and well to be honest the iPhone is more of a toy than anything now a days. So enough of my rambling if anyone has heard any rumors please share.
    10-29-14 06:57 PM
    They just said they are working on a new tablet.

That's all we know.
    10-29-14 06:59 PM
    They just said they are working on a new tablet.

That's all we know.
    Did they?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 07:03 PM
    Did they?

Posted via CB10
    In a recent interview in Hong Kong Chen did say briefly that they were working on a new tablet. I now N4BB talked about it, no word on crackberry yet.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dna47; 10-29-14 at 08:11 PM.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-29-14 07:14 PM
    In a recent interview in Hong Kong Chen did say briefly that they were working on a new tablet. I now S4BB talked about it, no word on crackberry yet.

Posted via CB10
    Don't know how to feel about that, after the PlayBook! Just hope BlackBerry learned it's lesson.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 07:43 PM
    When tablets were brought up, he made a somewhat glib comment about it being difficult to come up with a good form factor for a tablet with a physical keyboard, following up with a noncommittal suggestion that maybe they might have something in the works, that could provide both a full view surface, and one manner of tactile feedback input or other.

Not really placing anything in the pipeline.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-29-14 08:55 PM
    01-27-15 02:47 AM
    I am jot sure what is supposed to be new about this rumour! It's an old hat! I doubt they will release a new tablet anytime soon. The company is still trying to make money after all!

Of course their R&D department will be looking at tablet options (that's their job) I doubt we will see it being released though!

Should they release it then I will have to think really hard whether to part with more of my money. The pain of the PlayBook being dropped prematurely by BlackBerry and it jot getting BB10 is still fresh.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 03:11 AM
    I still use my playbook and gifted the another to my brothers' son, and satisfied with everything
    The only thing that is am not happy with is the absent arabic support which is still a huge problem for arabian people.
    I know that they used some form of programming language that do not support right to left alignment, but I think they've used it in bb10 and arabic works fine!?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-15 10:41 PM
    There are absolutely ZERO reasons/rumors/leads to warrant that site posting this article.

Unless they have inside information, there are just no news of a PlayBook2.
    01-28-15 11:14 AM
    I would love to see another playbook. I think the classic and a new playbook is a winner.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 09:53 AM
    I bet in BlackBerry's R&D department there are all types of devices "in the works".... most we will never see.

A new tablet would be pretty much useless without a platform to support it. And pricing would be very difficult for BlackBerry to make any headway against the slew of inexpensive Android and now Windows Tablets on the market.

But then again, I bet that even at $600 each BlackBerry could sell 25K 7" PlayBook2... so that might not be out of the realm of possibility. Chen is out to make money, not sure it matters how or what he sells to get it. They could probably even do a pre-production, pre-order so that they only build what they sell.
    02-03-15 10:03 AM
    I bet in BlackBerry's R&D department there are all types of devices "in the works".... most we will never see.

A new tablet would be pretty much useless without a platform to support it. And pricing would be very difficult for BlackBerry to make any headway against the slew of inexpensive Android and now Windows Tablets on the market.

But then again, I bet that even at $600 each BlackBerry could sell 25K 7" PlayBook2... so that might not be out of the realm of possibility. Chen is out to make money, not sure it matters how or what he sells to get it. They could probably even do a pre-production, pre-order so that they only build what they sell.
    BB Playbook Revisited-ihucwmpq9kigtlcftji9.jpg

Chen is out to turn the ship around, doing what it has to be done. Not releasing products that cannot compete and/or do not show the strength of the BB10 OS falls in line with that.

We may be brothers in signature, but tune down the lack of faith, it's getting tiresome.
    02-03-15 06:36 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ihucwmpq9kigtlcftji9.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	331646

Chen is out to turn the ship around, doing what it has to be done. Not releasing products that cannot compete and/or do not show the strength of the BB10 OS falls in line with that.

We may be brothers in signature, but tune down the lack of faith, it's getting tiresome.
    Sorry, been here too long ...
    diegonei likes this.
    02-04-15 07:35 AM
    Sorry, been here too long ...
    I know the feeling. Fight it!!!! lol
    02-04-15 09:05 AM
    I know the feeling. Fight it!!!! lol
    But the power of the Dark side is so strong.....
    02-04-15 09:23 AM
    I thought we were the dark side...
    02-04-15 09:51 AM