I used to own blackberry devices and now am an iphone owner. Need to change phone and thinking about returning back to blackberries as my job is email-oriented. I am aware that from the Z10 onwards, the compression of the emails that Blackberry is reknown of, has not been introduced. Am thinking of getting either the passport or the older Q10. Can you advise which of those two phones incorporate Blackberry's compression technology?

Thank you in advance,
    10-23-14 06:44 AM
    Can you advise which of those two phones incorporate Blackberry's compression technology?
    None of the BlackBerry 10 devices do so. They are now consistent with the other device manufacturers' lines. This allows the use of standard data plans on the devices.
    Can you advise which of those two phones incorporate Blackberry's compression technology?
    None of the BlackBerry 10 devices do so. They are now consistent with the other device manufacturers' lines. This allows the use of standard data plans on the devices.
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 10-23-14 at 06:57 AM.
    10-23-14 06:47 AM
    This means that I must have constant 3G coverage and above in order to receive emails unproblematically, whereas in the older BBerries, 2G or even GPRS was enough to read an email. Is this the case now with the newer Blackberries?
    10-23-14 06:50 AM
    You will still get your messages when the phone can only connect on the slower 2G service. It will simply be slower than on 3G, and maybe slightly slower than the old BIS compressed service but by eliminating the NOC delays you are unlikely to notice the difference for typical emails. The only time I have noticed a problem with a low quality 2G signal is when some moron sends an email with multi-megabyte attachments (like I just did to one of our managers... 30MBytes worth of pictures) and the email you urgently need is stuck behind them in the queue to download.
    10-23-14 01:16 PM