Hey all,

I try to backup my Z30 every month or so, but now when I connected it to my computer and am trying to do it, BlackBerry link is hanging at "backing up Viber data- 16%"

The blue bar animation stuck at this point and nothing happens... I've waited over an hour as it was the same

Anyone have any input?

BB link is its newest version and I am running the last official release os 10.3.2.2836
    07-13-16 06:52 AM
    Dears
    Still I have tha problem

Posted via CB10
    Sorry you are having issues.

Might look at backing up Viber separately.... As I said try doing a partial backup that excludes Viber of App Data. Then do another that excludes most other data and incude Viber. See if that works.

Or try backing up Viber all on it own... https://support.viber.com/customer/p...-your-messages

As I said... there are issues with LINK and doing backups and restores. I've seen dozens and dozens of users that have completed a full backup, only to not be able to do a full restore. BB10 and LINK both need more work, and the problems are what they are.

I recommend that you have a backup plan for your backups if you are using BB10.
    I've had both full backups and restores fail..

Try rebooting both your phone and computer and try again.

Otherwise I'd just do a partial backup ....
    07-13-16 11:44 AM
    dear,

still the problem not solved, i dont whant to loose my viber data.

any idea please ??
    07-14-16 11:46 AM
    Do you have enough space on your hard drive

Z10
    07-14-16 11:51 AM
    yeh budy
    i hve the space on my PC ,
    appreciated if you could support me
    07-14-16 12:21 PM
    07-14-16 12:27 PM
    Try changing the destination folder and make sure your firewall has full access

Z10
    07-14-16 02:11 PM
    If you are using the back USB ports, try using the front, and vice versa. Also try a different cord!
    07-14-16 02:12 PM
    no thing happened,,
    it makes me too crazy
    07-14-16 03:14 PM
    Dears
    Still I have tha problem

Posted via CB10
    07-15-16 07:21 AM
    Dears
    Still I have tha problem

Posted via CB10
    Sorry you are having issues.

Might look at backing up Viber separately.... As I said try doing a partial backup that excludes Viber of App Data. Then do another that excludes most other data and incude Viber. See if that works.

Or try backing up Viber all on it own... https://support.viber.com/customer/p...-your-messages

As I said... there are issues with LINK and doing backups and restores. I've seen dozens and dozens of users that have completed a full backup, only to not be able to do a full restore. BB10 and LINK both need more work, and the problems are what they are.

I recommend that you have a backup plan for your backups if you are using BB10.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-15-16 07:50 AM
    thanks for replying..
    i did a partial backup that excludes VIBER,
    BBlink stuck on "blackberry Runtime data" new problem !!

as in the below:
    BB link stuck during backup data! How can I get it to finish?-new.jpg
    07-15-16 01:44 PM
    thanks for replying..
    i did a partial backup that excludes VIBER,
    BBlink stuck on "blackberry Runtime data" new problem !!

as in the below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	404066
    I guess you could give http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-tools-956835/ a try.

Too be honest I just gave up on LINK a long time ago.... all my accounts are in the cloud so they are backed up. Pictures and Documents are saved using OneDrive and I use Fire Chest's Backup Pro (in BBW) to take care of text messages and a few other things.

But I also had to forget about some games saved info and other things that just won't backup without LINK
    pkcable likes this.
    07-15-16 01:56 PM
    Think for LINK to work you have to have too many things just right.... that said many have no problems with it, at least not till they do.

Depends on your computer hardware, the OS version on your computer, other apps that might conflict with LINK, other USB hardware you might be using, version of BB10 your using, the apps on your phones... heat and humidity in the room your in and the phasing of the moon.
    07-15-16 01:59 PM
    thanks for always support.
    i will try this one.

appreciated.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-15-16 02:12 PM