I am about to make the switch to Passport, but I've encountered some serious problems.

1- My Blackberry Link does not read all the media files on my Q10, so I can't access my photos in any capacity.

2- When attempting to switch devices, I keep getting a BBM mismatched ID error. When attempting to transfer the data individually (like contacts only) to the new phone, nothing gets transferred.

3- Please advise on a) how to access and save my Q10 photos on my Mac and b) How to transfer contacts data etc to Passport from Q10.

4- Blackberry Link is a very bad piece of software.

Thank you for your help
    11-23-14 08:12 PM
    You're fussing with BlackBerry Link when you really don't have to. Just enable mass storage mode on your Q10, drag and drop any files you wish to move to you Passport onto your computer. Once moved, connect your Passport, put it in mass storage mode as well and drop the files onto your SD Card or internal storage, whichever you prefer.

http://crackberry.com/how-enable-usb...-blackberry-10 <-- This is for an older OS but the fundamentals remain the same.

And yes, BlackBerry Link is terrible. Use it as a LAST resort. lol.
    11-24-14 01:15 AM
    You're fussing with BlackBerry Link when you really don't have to. Just enable mass storage mode on your Q10, drag and drop any files you wish to move to you Passport onto your computer. Once moved, connect your Passport, put it in mass storage mode as well and drop the files onto your SD Card or internal storage, whichever you prefer.

How to enable USB Mass Storage (Mass Storage Mode) on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com <-- This is for an older OS but the fundamentals remain the same.

And yes, BlackBerry Link is terrible. Use it as a LAST resort. lol.
    Hey Bla1ze; what if I have very important contacts (and texts) and stuff I don't want to put in a cloud etc?
    BlackBerry Link is... a joke!
    02-05-15 11:47 PM
    Hey Bla1ze; what if I have very important contacts (and texts) and stuff I don't want to put in a cloud etc?
    BlackBerry Link is... a joke!
    Look into Backup Pro on BlackBerry World.
    FireChestApps and IamSuperMas like this.
    02-06-15 02:41 PM
    Hi Bla1ze and others,

I'm having a similar experience, with a Z10, right now, so I'm not able to start using my new Passport
    I wrote a post about it here: CB/blackberry-10-os-f269/backup-switch-device-issues-z10-995301/ (i'm not allowed to place links in text yet)

If someone knows how to transfer phone logs and settings (like WiFi network settings) to a new phone manually it would solving most of my problems.

Thanks for reading!

Melvin
    02-06-15 04:51 PM
    Again I tried many things to get my Z10 to make a backup to Link, but it still keeps hanging on 'Computing backup Data'.

Would a manual update to OS 10.3 be a good try to trigger it make allow Link to make a backup?
    02-08-15 02:36 AM
    Again I tried many things to get my Z10 to make a backup to Link, but it still keeps hanging on 'Computing backup Data'.

Would a manual update to OS 10.3 be a good try to trigger it make allow Link to make a backup?
    Haven't found any reasonable solution, sorry.
    02-13-15 02:38 AM