Hello, and thanks for reviewing this:

I tried to connect my leap to my home PC, to start downloading pictures from a recent vacation. BB Link said I needed to update my leap, and I have lost everything.

I do have a back-up on my work computer, but it seems like it has not backed-up in two months. That is a separate issue, that I will try to sort out. Unfortunately, my latest back-up is before my vacation....

I am trying to recover vacation pictures\videos if possible. The software I have tried either does not recognize the phone or finds nothing.

I am hoping there is some way to get even some of the pictures...

Thanks again for your time and comments.
    12-28-16 11:21 AM
    Fortunately you don't need Link to backup your pictures because Link is now out of date for many Windows and Mac users and is no longer being updated. You can connect to your computer with USB and simply copying the files you want from your Leap to your computer. BB10 devices don't mount the same as USB drives, to you will need to use the Windows file explorer to find which drive letter your Leap internal memory has been assigned.

There are at least a couple CrackBerry threads, discussing problems with Link and some possible fixes, but I suggest you start to think about alternative backup and sync solutions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-link-1085973/

?BlackBerry Link has stopped working? after updating to iTunes 12.5
    12-28-16 11:39 AM
    Do you have a memory card in the device? If not you could install one and copy your photos to the card using the device itself. Then move the memory card to the computer.

The other option is to upload to the box or onedrive application.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-16 11:46 AM
    If the only place those photos were stored was on the internal memory.... and somehow you initiated a "clean install". They are gone, there is no software recovery tool that you'll be able to use to recover them.

Now if you saved images to the SD Card, and it wasn't encrypted... they should be there.
    Now if you used some 3rd party app like ONEDRIVE or DROPBOX... and had enabled their backup features, they should be there in that cloud account.
    Now if you had setup LINK to sync images via WiFi... they should be there.

But it you didn't consider "what if".... well it's "what if" time. Sorry.
    12-28-16 11:54 AM
    I appreciate your input. The back-up is actually the least of my concerns right now. What I have is safe, my problem is the 2 months of pictures that I don't have. Any suggestions?
    12-28-16 11:59 AM
    I initiated a software update. It seems like it was a clean install.

My phone is connected to my work PC for normally 4+ hours a day, I figured was enough to keep it backed up, at least to the work PC.
    12-28-16 12:05 PM
    Thanks, no memory card. Just the internal memory.
    12-28-16 12:06 PM