Home CrackBerry Q&A > Ask a Question

BB KeyOne - Power issue after LCD screen replacement

Asked: Oct 10 2019 | 9:47 am EDT 699 Views 2 Answers

Hello all! I have a Blackberry KeyOne, probably one of the earlier makes.

On Monday, I dropped it and the impact shattered the screen so I replaced it with an LCD screen I bought online hoping that would fix it.

Since the impact, it has had a strange issue where after normal use it will go completely dead, no response until connected to power. When connected, the light flashes yellow rapidly and will attempt to boot, but shutoff after the blackberry logo appears. I initially thought that dropping it had damaged the battery somehow, so I bought one online and replaced it - and it worked! I had my phone back. This was fine until the next morning when the same thing happened again, phone completely dead.

I know I should probably give up and get a new one, but do I have any other troubleshooting options left? I'm also wondering if I have a way to still get data off this phone as it had a lot of notes for my upcoming wedding :/

Any help is greatly appreciated!

More Answers

Oct 10 2019 | 10:39 am EDT PantherBlitz

You probably damaged more than just the screen when you dropped it - sounds like a hairline crack in a board or solder joint. When you replaced the battery, it may have jostled it into place temporarily.

If you can get back in immediately backup anything that you want to save onto a cloud or through USB. If you have your SD card set as extended storage you are screwed if you can't boot your phone again so set the SD Card to "removable" if need be.

Oct 10 2019 | 9:21 pm EDT anon(10622733)

Hello all! I have a Blackberry KeyOne, probably one of the earlier makes.

On Monday, I dropped it and the impact shattered the screen so I replaced it with an LCD screen I bought online hoping that would fix it.

Since the impact, it has had a strange issue where after normal use it will go completely dead, no response until connected to power. When connected, the light flashes yellow rapidly and will attempt to boot, but shutoff after the blackberry logo appears. I initially thought that dropping it had damaged the battery somehow, so I bought one online and replaced it - and it worked! I had my phone back. This was fine until the next morning when the same thing happened again, phone completely dead.

I know I should probably give up and get a new one, but do I have any other troubleshooting options left? I'm also wondering if I have a way to still get data off this phone as it had a lot of notes for my upcoming wedding :/

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Wow you get great shipping!