Hi,

I just recently shifted from Q10 to my KeyOne. i just wanted to know if anyone can help me with how on good earth can i switch off autocorrect. I am only using the physical keyboard and i mix english with Hindi when i chat with friends and this damn phone always autocorrects everything. Please help.

There is a option in the Language and Input settings to switch off 'Spell Checker', even after that autocorrect is still active.

Please help.

Also another thing. Is there anyway i can deactivate Google Assistant shortcut which is by default set as two zeroes (00) when im typing something ?
    06-01-17 02:40 AM
    Hi,

I just recently shifted from Q10 to my KeyOne. i just wanted to know if anyone can help me with how on good earth can i switch off autocorrect. I am only using the physical keyboard and i mix english with Hindi when i chat with friends and this damn phone always autocorrects everything. Please help.

There is a option in the Language and Input settings to switch off 'Spell Checker', even after that autocorrect is still active.

Please help.

Also another thing. Is there anyway i can deactivate Google Assistant shortcut which is by default set as two zeroes (00) when im typing something ?
    Swipe down with two fingers (or one finger twice) from the top to open Main Settings, Lang/Input, BB Keyboard Settings, Prediction/Correction, Auto-correct (and also Word Substitution might help)

At least, those are the steps on the Priv.
    mctanaka likes this.
    06-01-17 09:32 AM
    I cannot find that in KeyOne. Unable to activate autocorrect.
    06-20-17 07:20 AM
    GOT IT!!!

Menu> settings> language and imput>keyboard settings>blackberry keyboard settings>prediction and correction>auto correction>physical keyboard>off (or adjust as needed)

Hope this helps
    06-25-17 11:19 PM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! I detest auto-correct and prediction, etc. I like to think that I have excellent spelling so I really don't need these features. I also feel that if we rely too heavily on auto-correct, we will lose our knowledge of spelling to begin with.
    02-09-18 10:41 AM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! I detest auto-correct and prediction, etc. I like to think that I have excellent spelling so I really don't need these features. I also feel that if we rely too heavily on auto-correct, we will lose our knowledge of spelling to begin with.
    Honestly if you think about it, the existence of autocorrect in of itself is proof that touch typing is terrible in terms of accuracy. It's like manufacturers admit that it sucks therefore implemented it as a consolation. Sort of like "hey we know you miss your full qwerty pkb, here's a crappy software prediction engine to prevent you from getting frustrated to the point of throwing your phone at a wall".
    chrissycee75 likes this.
    02-10-18 02:25 PM
    Honestly if you think about it, the existence of autocorrect in of itself is proof that touch typing is terrible in terms of accuracy. It's like manufacturers admit that it sucks therefore implemented it as a consolation. Sort of like "hey we know you miss your full qwerty pkb, here's a crappy software prediction engine to prevent you from getting frustrated to the point of throwing your phone at a wall".
    I agree!
    02-11-18 01:01 AM
    Ah, thank you. I was struggling to find this option on the Priv; I missed specifically the "Auto correction" menu. I thought turning off everything else would fix it, but it didn't.
    Why does it have to be so damn complicated? I had to switch off auto correct in at least 3 different menus.
    03-01-18 12:22 PM