Hi,
    I've added a BB Key2 for almost 2,5yrs. Though recently, it simply stopped working. Basically, the phone can be re-started, but most of the time doesn't make it to the "regular" / main basic screen with the apps... Most of the time, it just freezes / blackscreens or/and restarts again and again without any success. The only thing I can notice that seems to bug is the BB launcher which "stops" (it can be closed, and used to restart immediately but now it just blocks the OS and the phone resets).
    For the tiny hopeful seconds I managed to access the parameters, I tried to empty the cache but it does not work better unfortunately.
    I've taken the phone to a general repair shop (I'm in Paris, France) but they said that it seems to be the motherboard issue, as the battery & start button are okay.
    I've tried to access the phone through programs of crash recovery, in order to update the software, though they are mostly meant for samsung phones. I can access the BB recovery screen but not the android one. I tried to connect BBlink using the recovery screen but the phone can't be "seen" by my PC, just detected in the USB slot.
    I'm quite desperate as I've be fond of BB for most of my life and cries on the brand being stopped. I would really want to get back the data on this phone and if, no other option, I would even hardreset the whole phone to keep using it... (But how can I do it without accessing to the parameters?) I feel that it is a software issue, but not the hardware (or so I prefer to believe and convince myself)... Please tell me that there is a way to overcome my issue.
    By the way, I'm kinda "mini geek" profile, at least not to afraid about doing computer/software stuff.
    Meanwhile my battery on my former Priv is dead. I tried to install an new one (bought on Amazon) but the Chinese pale imitation one is dead too now. (So I'm back to a very very basic phone without internet). Any tips for getting a good battery to use the Priv?
    Thanks a lot for reading me and your kind help.
    Last edited by mdm75; 05-17-22 at 12:04 PM.
    05-17-22 07:02 AM
    Hi,
    I've added a BB Key2 for almost 2,5yrs. Though recently, it simply stopped working. Basically, the phone can be re-started, but most of the time doesn't make it to the "regular" / main basic screen with the apps... Most of the time, it just freezes / blackscreens or/and restarts again and again without any success. The only thing I can notice that seems to bug is the BB launcher which "stops" (it can be closed, and used to restart immediately but now it just blocks the OS and the phone resets).
    For the tiny hopeful seconds I managed to access the parameters, I tried to empty the cache but it does not work better unfortunately.
    I've taken the phone to a general repair shop (I'm in Paris, France) but they said that it seems to be the motherboard issue, as the battery & start button are okay.
    I've tried to access the phone through programs of crash recovery, in order to update the software, though they are mostly meant for samsung phones. I can access the BB recovery screen but not the android one. I tried to connect BBlink using the recovery screen but the phone can't be "seen" by my PC, just detected in the USB slot.
    I'm quite desperate as I've be fond of BB for most of my life and cries on the brand being stopped. I would really want to get back the data on this phone and if, no other option, I would even hardreset the whole phone to keep using it... (But how can I do it without accessing to the parameters?) I feel that it is a software issue, but not the hardware (or so I prefer to believe and convince myself)... Please tell me that there is a way to overcome my issue.
    By the way, I'm kinda "mini geek" profile, at least not to afraid about doing computer/software stuff.
    Meanwhile my battery on my former Priv is dead. I tried to install an new one (bought on Amazon) but the Chinese pale imitation one is dead too now. (So I'm back to a very very basic phone without internet). Any tips for getting a good battery to use the Priv?
    If you were using the Android backup features... most your data should be saved to you Google Account and ready to be restored into a new phone. If not, I can't argue with a repair person that held the phone and said it's hardware.

If you can get back into the basic "parameters" should be one that offers factory reset... if it's just a software issue, that will fix it. But data will be gone.

We some no wipe Autoloaders... don't really know much about those. @conite might.
    mdm75 likes this.
    05-17-22 03:58 PM
    Hi,
    Use an autoloader.

Try the nowipe option first. If that fails, you'll have no choice but to use the wipe option.

https://mega.nz/file/pdBjAARa#l5WNgD...z91HlU3r-CGWfs
    05-17-22 04:02 PM
    Thanks. How do I use the autoloader?
    05-19-22 01:39 AM
    Thanks. How do I use the autoloader?
    Download to PC and unzip.

Remove your device password. If you can't do that, you will be forced to do the wipe option.

Get your phone to the bootloader screen, plug it in, and run the autoloader.
    05-19-22 07:09 AM
    Thanks a lot! I did manage to run the autoloader (trying the nowipe option). Though my BB does not make it anymore to the main screen, so no access to the password on the device. The autoloader seems to fail at most of the commands, as the autolaoder stands as such. Though at the end it says "target reported max download size of 'big no' bytes". It seems that my phone has no more space to run, isn't it? But if I can make to the password it should be able to work?
    If I run the wipe option, it will erase all data and make it with factory settings (and thus able to run). Is this the accurate understanding?
    Thanks again. I'm new at the autoloader use and thus prefer to try all the options (as I am desperate to get my phone back).
    05-19-22 08:03 AM
    Thanks a lot! I did manage to run the autoloader (trying the nowipe option). Though my BB does not make it anymore to the main screen, so no access to the password on the device. The autoloader seems to fail at most of the commands, as the autolaoder stands as such. Though at the end it says "target reported max download size of 'big no' bytes". It seems that my phone has no more space to run, isn't it? But if I can make to the password it should be able to work?
    If I run the wipe option, it will erase all data and make it with factory settings (and thus able to run). Is this the accurate understanding?
    Thanks again. I'm new at the autoloader use and thus prefer to try all the options (as I am desperate to get my phone back).
    It failed only because you have a password on the device. You will have to use the wipe option, and yes that means it will wipe your device.
    05-19-22 02:54 PM
    Blackberry Launcher Crash Loop Hey guys, i have a weird problem with my key2. I tried to change the background to a png which was not possible in the blackberry launcher, however in the google photos app it was. After that my launcher keeps crashing and i cant do anything
    Swipe down the notification shade, access settings from there and you should be able to change your wallpaper back.
    07-21-22 04:57 PM