I'm already an owner of a Playbook. 'nuff said. i have since bought and love the Passport. Now I find that Windows 10 is not compatible with Blackberry Link and won't even see the Passport as a USB drive. I can't back-up my phone nor can I transfer pictures/audio etc from and to the Passport. Blackberry's suggestion to me when I approached support, "... blackberry link is not compatible with Windows 10. Don't use Windows 10..." WHAAAAAT? There must be thousands of Windows 10 / BB OS10 useres out there. Blackberry must not / can not turn it's back on us again. When its it going to address this situation?

Rick - Toronto
    01-29-17 12:50 PM
    The Passport is a 2.5 year old device.

Use Ultimate Backup from BBW if you are having issues with Link.

DTEK60 / Z30
    01-29-17 12:52 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try. Any ideas on how I can make the device readable by my laptop so I can transfer photos?
    01-29-17 01:16 PM
    I'm already an owner of a Playbook. 'nuff said. i have since bought and love the Passport. Now I find that Windows 10 is not compatible with Blackberry Link and won't even see the Passport as a USB drive. I can't back-up my phone nor can I transfer pictures/audio etc from and to the Passport. Blackberry's suggestion to me when I approached support, "... blackberry link is not compatible with Windows 10. Don't use Windows 10..." WHAAAAAT? There must be thousands of Windows 10 / BB OS10 useres out there. Blackberry must not / can not turn it's back on us again. When its it going to address this situation?

Rick - Toronto
    Blackberry Link and Blend WILL definitely work on Windows 10. There are problems, no doubt, but I am typing on a Win10 laptop right now with Blend linked to my Passport and Blackberry Link can connect. If you search these forums you can find lots of threads on this and also fixes. The major problem seems to be that iTunes and BL do not get along very well but there is a workaround for this. I suggest (if you don't have iTunes on your PC) that you TOTALLY uninstall all files and folders AND registry entries for BL, then reboot your PC and reinstall Link and Blend anew. It will work but you have to totally clean your PC from the old installation. That is the key to getting it working. I have 3 devices that show up and work fine with Link, including my Passport, z10 and even my old Playbook.
    01-29-17 01:42 PM
    That's what I want to hear. There's hope! I do use iTunes and have installed the Link/Blend software numerous times. The situation got much worse after the last Windows 10 update. I will try again. here's hoping. thanks so much for your suggestions.
    01-29-17 02:31 PM
    That's what I want to hear. There's hope! I do use iTunes and have installed the Link/Blend software numerous times. The situation got much worse after the last Windows 10 update. I will try again. here's hoping. thanks so much for your suggestions.
    You will have to rename an iTunes file. I cannot remember the exact filename but if you search here there will be a detailed fix to follow. I don't have iTunes on my PC so I've never paid a great deal of attention to the thread.
    01-29-17 02:35 PM
    I can transfer files between my Win10 and Passport just fine in the Windows File Manager. Link doesn't seem to work well but Blend mostly does. I had to have the Passport connected while I installed Blend, otherwise it didn't work initially.
    Seems that we are left out to dry but I've gotten over the disappointment and have mostly stopped loving or hating BlackBerry. I do love my Passport though.

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    01-29-17 05:37 PM
    Have you turned on access USB in storage and access settings? This enables win file manager to interface with your SD card.
    01-30-17 01:17 AM

Rick - Toronto
    I think your USB connector is brocken

 Passport Silver Edition SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2206
    01-30-17 01:20 AM
    Thanks to all for getting me through this. happily working through the SD card via USB - Until the next surprise.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-30-17 05:54 PM
    Thanks to all for getting me through this. happily working through the SD card via USB - Until the next surprise.
    Good to hear.
    01-30-17 11:13 PM