BB Classic (SQC 100-1) seems to be consuming multiples of data used.

Example:
    A static page of 68kb results in 120kb reported by the carrier (native browser)

Opera Mini (apk) result the same even in extreme mode (!!), it downloads equal amount of data as it uploads (?) and it is a 2 or 3 times multiple of the actual page data.

Oddly, compared with BB Q10 (SQN100-3) which appear to be beaving correctly. Even Opera Mini saves data as it should.

I "refreshed" the system on Classic before testing this. Cobalt services installed.

I am testing for comparison, will add the data to discussion.

Both devices on .3.3.2031
    01-29-18 07:05 AM
    Just wondering how are you running these tests to make sure there aren't any other apps pulling data at the same time as you are browsing these pages?

Also, if the browsers you are using have multi-tab functionality, it is possible that data is being pulled in the background by the other tab pages while you are testing.

Lastly, if you are using any kind of ad blocking or filtering on one device and not the other, that would save you on some data as well.

I would definitely just use Firefox Focus for all tests, but still no guarantees on controlling all of the variables.

Another option for a browser speed test may be Opera Mini - now with mobile ad blocker, this fast, secure web browser saves you data.
    Last edited by coffee-turtle; 01-29-18 at 03:14 PM.
    01-29-18 03:01 PM