Anyone bought this phone and added the BB apps.
    02-08-17 02:47 PM
    Me! What did you want to know? I use the hub as my main email client, and I use the keyboard which I had to sideload. Using the calendar for my schedule too.
    02-08-17 03:30 PM
    What is your impression of the phone overall
    02-08-17 03:42 PM
    What is your impression of the phone overall
    I LOVE the phone, IR blaster, nice touches like the 5.9 screen in 5.5 form factor, it really is no bigger than my iPhone Plus. The swipe down to search, other gestures, like knock to record the screen for example (you can make little movies or demos of actions on the phone), the on lock screen feature, such as News Republic app which gives you a really cool magazine to read while the lock is on, ALSO you have a handy toolbelt on the lock screen with flashlight, calulator, voice notes and more. I LOVE this phone! It's my current daily driver!
    02-08-17 03:50 PM
    Me! What did you want to know? I use the hub as my main email client, and I use the keyboard which I had to sideload. Using the calendar for my schedule too.
    Who is your carrier
    02-08-17 04:08 PM
    Who is your carrier
    T-Mobile
    02-08-17 06:15 PM
    Are you in an area that has band 12 / VoLTE activated? Do you get it?

thks in advance
    02-08-17 06:59 PM
    Are you in an area that has band 12 / VoLTE activated? Do you get it?

thks in advance
    Band 12 yes, BUT no WiFi calling, it's not enabled.
    02-08-17 11:07 PM
    thks - wifi calling not important to me
    02-09-17 11:38 AM
    Probably not interested in it.... but Huawei did take BlackBerry's place with the Porsche Design group, and there is an exclusive Mate 9.... Porsche Design Huawei Mate 9 | Porsche Design

Have friend that choose the Mate 9 to replace the Note 7 he had to return.... he loves it, but is still looking forward to a Note 8 and a screen that a pen point stylus works with.
    02-09-17 11:59 AM
    Too bad the Porsche Design went to a smaller screen
    02-09-17 03:12 PM
    The PD and Pro are just a little smaller, BUT have better screens, which allow them to do VR and make them Daydream compatible.
    02-09-17 07:04 PM
    Did you use the BB Hub because of being an ex-BB person or did you evaluate the UI and like BB better. Seems like there is a lot to like about the stock UI is well liked.
    02-10-17 10:02 AM
    I use the hub as my main email client, and I use the keyboard which I had to sideload.
    The keyboard is available in the playstore. Why sideload it? Is the sideloaded version better?
    02-10-17 10:39 AM
    The keyboard is available in the playstore. Why sideload it? Is the sideloaded version better?
    No the BlackBerry keyboard not available in the play store for other devices only for BlackBerry device

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 12:15 PM
    Did you use the BB Hub because of being an ex-BB person or did you evaluate the UI and like BB better. Seems like there is a lot to like about the stock UI is well liked.
    A bit of both! And I DO use some of the google stiff too, such as Google Docs and sheets.

No the BlackBerry keyboard not available in the play store for other devices only for BlackBerry device
    The keyboard is NOT available to other Android devices, just BlackBerry ones, so I had to get it via, the "Cobalt" method. In case you don't know, that's a CB member who figured out how to get the BB apps on our devices LONG before BB allowed it.
    02-10-17 01:17 PM
    Colbalt is all that keeps my Passport useable. But as it is wearing out I am about to order the Mate 9. Like the screen size in comparison to overall phone size. Just wish BB would do something like it.
    02-10-17 02:06 PM
    Colbalt is all that keeps my Passport useable. But as it is wearing out I am about to order the Mate 9. Like the screen size in comparison to overall phone size. Just wish BB would do something like it.
    You mean TCL....

If sales for the Mercury go well.... I expect we will see a number of formats that are powered by BlackBerry Android.
    02-10-17 02:16 PM
    You mean TCL....

If sales for the Mercury go well.... I expect we will see a number of formats that are powered by BlackBerry Android.
    yep
    02-10-17 02:34 PM
    Does the Mate 9 have NFC. Have not seen any discussion of this.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 06:44 PM
    Does the Mate 9 have NFC. Have not seen any discussion of this.

Posted via CB10
    Sure does! I believe that's how I did my info transfer with my Pixel. In any event, yes it does have NFC. No wireless charging, BUT it just have Huawei's own, like OPO's Dash, Super Charge. It's faster than Dash and regular quick charge, BUT not quick charge compatible. It CAN charge other devices just not faster.
    02-13-17 08:03 AM
    Are you in an area where signal strength is an issue? How well does the Mate 9 pull in a signal?

Have you done any experimentation with call quality? Do you and your caller both sound good?
    02-13-17 08:11 AM
    cobalt might be able to open his own store... Look like he is the savior for the platform of hybrid.
    02-13-17 08:32 AM
    Are you in an area where signal strength is an issue? How well does the Mate 9 pull in a signal?

Have you done any experimentation with call quality? Do you and your caller both sound good?
    Signal strength is good, as good as my iPhone or Pixel, no signal issues. (Actually right now the iPhone has 2 to 3 bars and the Mate 9 has 4 to 5 bars, HOWEVER in actual speedtests the iPhone IS testing faster, but I'm in a questionable area, Center City Philadelphia -CONGESTION!- and inside a heavy stone building. Both phone are ok though and can make calls, texts and do data things. Call quality is fantastic no issues, I can hear them fine, they can hear me fine. LOVE listening to music on it too mainly on my headphones OR via my Amazon Echo Tap. (I hotspot it)
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-13-17 09:00 AM
    Signal strength is good, as good as my iPhone or Pixel, no signal issues. (Actually right now the iPhone has 2 to 3 bars and the Mate 9 has 4 to 5 bars, HOWEVER in actual speedtests the iPhone IS testing faster, but I'm in a questionable area, Center City Philadelphia -CONGESTION!- and inside a heavy stone building. Both phone are ok though and can make calls, texts and do data things. Call quality is fantastic no issues, I can hear them fine, they can hear me fine. LOVE listening to music on it too mainly on my headphones OR via my Amazon Echo Tap. (I hotspot it)
    Thanks for the response. If the new BlackBerry Mercury disappoints I've been considering going the complete other way with the Mate 9 or the ever unpopular LG V20 (because Zerolemon has a 10kmah case for it). I like LCD screens for outdoor viewability and so I don't have to mess with dark themes, but I love hub, etc, and especially the BlackBerry VKB.

I'm not a gamer or a movie watcher. Basically, let's be honest, I'm an upright professional who is on his phone all day and who thinks water proofing, glass cases, wireless charging, and high def 4k AMOLED screens are gimmicks. I've viewed a number of Mate 9 YouTube videos and it looks like a reasonably priced, solid phone.

Anyway, I appreciate you posting and responding so quickly. I'd be on AT&T but presumably the signal strength and call quality would be good on t-mobile or AT&T, either. I was unable to find any reviews of the specifics of its noise canceling or call quality, so your contribution helps my thoughts.
    02-13-17 10:00 AM
29 12