I am trying to set up BB messenger on a new BB. I had BB messenger on my iPhone, but no longer want it on that device. When trying to set up BBM on my BB I get the screen that says,
    "Your BB ID [email protected] is already associated with BBM on another device. Do you want to switch your BBM info to your current device?"
    I select "Switch BBM" and immediately receive an error that says, "Temporary Server Error. Please try again."
    It doesn't give me any instructions or options.
    I have deleted BBM off of my iPhone.
    My device is a BB Classic
    Model #SQC100-5
    Software: 10.3.3.1463

My IT Department directed me to Verizon. Verizon suggested I contact BB.

Thank you for any assistance!

Beth Klug
    01-19-18 01:25 PM
    You can't switch back to BB from Android or iOS anymore :-(
    01-19-18 01:42 PM
    Need to create a new ID on the Classic...
    01-19-18 01:46 PM
    Thanks for the responses, but why does BB give me the option to switch it if you can't?

Secondly, it doesn't even give me an option to set up a "new" ID. The only options I have is to "Exit" or "Switch Devices". Not to mention, I only have that one email account for my work... I don't have another way of creating an ID with another email address.

I can't believe that there's not a way of deleting my current ID for me to be able to recreate it. Ugh... and this is why BB has fallen by the wayside of mobile technology. This is just frustrating.
    01-22-18 07:49 AM

I can't believe that there's not a way of deleting my current ID for me to be able to recreate it. Ugh... and this is why BB has fallen by the wayside of mobile technology. This is just frustrating.
    Think it's more a result of their failing to the wayside... yes using a EOL product can be frustrating. You want less frustration, you should have stuck with the iPhone, or buy a newer BlackBerry.

Sorry but BlackBerry has gotten out of the hardware business, and even licensed out BBM to some Indonesian company... which is why switching back isn't allowed.
    01-22-18 08:58 AM
    That's a pathetic excuse why BB can't transfer my ID to one of their devices that offers me that option, but again, it explains a lot about BB as a device/company.
    I don't have an option to pick/purchase my BB device, my company does. Trust me, if I had the option of a BB or an iPhone, there is no way on God's green earth I would ever select a BB over an iPhone.
    01-22-18 09:13 AM
    That's a pathetic excuse why BB can't transfer my ID to one of their devices that offers me that option, but again, it explains a lot about BB as a device/company.
    I don't have an option to pick/purchase my BB device, my company does. Trust me, if I had the option of a BB or an iPhone, there is no way on God's green earth I would ever select a BB over an iPhone.
    The Classic is a 3 year old device, based on 6 year old specs, using an EOL proprietary OS. I wouldn't choose it either. BlackBerry themselves moved to Android more than 2 years ago.

The two new TCL devices - KEYᵒⁿᵉ and Motion - run BlackBerry software and are more comparable.
    01-22-18 09:50 AM
    You might want to make your company aware that there are a number of security vulnerabilities that BlackBerry has thus far had no comment on (CRACK & SPECTRA) and ask them how long they plan to use these old device.

Too be honest I can't imagine why any company would have chosen BB either. When BlackBerry put up the FOR SALE sign in the summer of 2013, it was all over for BB10...

Sorry there isn't a solution, other than create a new ID.
    01-22-18 10:40 AM