I've just bought a replacement BB 9000 on ebay as my main one is showing signs of screen failure but the new one has password protect on it which means every 30 minutes I have to enter a password to unlock it.
    I don't use it for internet access but just for calls, texts, calendar reminders and storing documents or notes.
    I need to know how to remove the password protect before the other packs up but don't want to lose any of its key features such as Sheet To Go which will be useful for spreadsheets.
    I've looked at various articles but these appear too convoluted and suggest the 'phone will be wiped clean, I'm not sure how bad a thing that is though.
    Thanks
    ps - I think the OS is 4.6
    05-17-17 05:23 AM
    can you not just turn password protect off? I have never set a password on my phone BBOS or BB10, I don't normally leave my phone out where anyone can get at it so don't find it necessary and frankly hate having to enter passwords all the time.
    05-17-17 12:06 PM
    Type in the password incorrectly 10 times and it will factory reset your device. You can then set it up from scratch.
    05-17-17 12:08 PM
    Hi and thanks for the replies.
    kbalaz - there is no option to change the password as with two of my original BB 9000's.
    When I try to change the password option it only says "enabled".
    conite - thats very handy to know - I will certainly try that.
    05-17-17 03:54 PM
    I typed in the wrong password 10 times and the phone went through the "wipe" procedure. After this the phone was exactly the same - I had to enter a new password. The problem is there is no facility to disable the password; it will always have one unless there is a way I can remove this permanently.
    ps - there is also a quick fix of wiping the phone without the need to enter a password incorrectly 10 times, not that it helped in this instance though.
    I will again try to understand the procedure detailed in the following articles or send it back to the seller:
    How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone
    and
    http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...-policy-34665/
    Apparently it's all to do with the "IT Policy"
    05-18-17 03:32 AM