Hello,
    The native Skype app for BB10 is just crap.
    It sucks up the battery in no time without using it (online only). Plus it reacts very slow, sometimes not at all. Reinstalled, no change.
    Is there any trick to reduce the standby time of this app of maybe even better use a complete different app?

Thanks a lot in advance!!!
    Flow

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 10:00 AM
    Hello,
    It sucks up the battery in no time without using it (online only). Plus it reacts very slow, sometimes not at all. Reinstalled, no change.
    Is there any trick to reduce the standby time of this app of maybe even better use a complete different app?

Flow

Posted via CB10
    patch the android version ,works good for me
    02-13-16 10:40 AM
    Hello,

Flow

Posted via CB10
    There isn't a BB10 native version of Skype. Even the one previously in BlackBerry App World was an Android port and now moved to Amazon App Store.

What OS are you on and where did you install Skype from?

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    02-13-16 01:39 PM
    I downloaded Skype from Amazon Appstore, but it draining my battery very-very fast. In 10 minutes drain 5% from my battery. I sign out from Skype, but battery draining continue. 10-15 minute 5% draining.
    I have a Passport SE, latest software 10.3.2.2876, android runtime working well, when I delete the app, it is really deleted.

Anyone have the same experience with Skype from Amazon?
    Thank you.
    03-15-16 03:46 AM
    Exact same issue since I reloaded my OS on the weekend...skype killed my battery in less than an hour and i wasn't using it...

Posted via CB10
    04-19-16 10:23 PM
    I had this issue too. Not quite as bad as described by the posters in this thread, but bad enough that I uninstalled the app. My Q10 is usually down to about 80% by the end of the day (I'm a light user). With Skype installed I was down in the 20-30% range after the same amount of time.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 12:57 AM
    I installed Skype on my Passport this morning, and a few hours later, I noticed the top right of the device quite warm where the processor is. I looked in Device Monitor, and sure enough Skype was using 20% of the CPU! I quickly deleted it and stopped the battery drain. Weird though, it was Skype from the Amazon Appstore that I used.

Now I noticed that in the Amazon Appstore, there are two versions of Skype there: Skype, and Skype (Android version). Which one are we supposed to use? It was the first one that I installed, but seeing how I don't ever really use Skype, I think I'll hold off on reinstalling it.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-16 12:33 PM
    Now I noticed that in the Amazon Appstore, there are two versions of Skype there: Skype, and Skype (Android version). Which one are we supposed to use? It was the first one that I installed, but seeing how I don't ever really use Skype, I think I'll hold off on reinstalling it.
    AFAIK, the old BlackBerry World version (no longer available) was an Android port, so neither of those is going to be native, although one might have better hub integration. I've tried both the BB World and Android versions on my Q10, and both burned through my battery at a rate of about 10% per hour while on standby.

If you really need Skype, there's a suggestion here that would allow you to fully kill the app when you're not using it: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...onitor-846584/. I haven't bothered to try it myself.
    07-04-16 02:12 PM