Hello,

I love Blackberry but my Q5 has suffered no end of problems. Here's the latest one. Any advice appreciated!

Until very recently the battery lasted approximately a day and a half with heavy usage. However, within the past week the battery has been draining quickly and suddenly. I was just looking at my settings to figure out what's going on and the phone gave me the drained battery, turning off alert even though there was half a bar to go! I charged it for approximately eight hours last night. It's been turned on for approximately six hours.

The charger that came with the phone partially broke about a week ago and so I've been using another, non Blackberry charger to charge the phone. Could this be the problem? I do get an alert that says "to charge quickly use your original charger". As the battery indicated it had been fully charged on another charger, did I wrongly assume the battery was fully charged as it would have been on the original charger? What on earth is going on?
    07-21-14 07:13 AM
    Just started having issue about the time you started using another charger.....

I would certainly think that would have a high probability of being the problem. But have you done anything else that might have changed your device? Install an update? Installed a new App? Added any new Accounts?

Device Monitor was added for a reason, use it to check to see what is going on.
    07-21-14 07:53 AM