I resently bought some New old stock blackberrys Q10, Z10, Black berry bold 9900 from a local auction house.

I sold one to an Ebay buyer who is claiming it is fake, DIY. Its a Q10. I have opened one my self and everything seem legit. It does feel light in weight, but everything works and the screen is very vibrant and clear. Battery has Blackberry written and Logos look perfect.

From what I can read and study via google there are different production plants and quality will vary from country to country, some call it fair quality if the have 05 in their IMEI nr.

Are the ones I have bought legit black berrys or are they fake?

THank you.
    08-12-21 06:00 AM
    I resently bought some New old stock blackberrys Q10, Z10, Black berry bold 9900 from a local auction house.

I sold one to an Ebay buyer who is claiming it is fake, DIY. Its a Q10. I have opened one my self and everything seem legit. It does feel light in weight, but everything works and the screen is very vibrant and clear. Battery has Blackberry written and Logos look perfect.

From what I can read and study via google there are different production plants and quality will vary from country to country, some call it fair quality if the have 05 in their IMEI nr.

Are the ones I have bought legit black berrys or are they fake?

THank you.
    Not sure what kinda of profit there would have been in making fake BlackBerry's.

Turn one on, if it's running Android it would be a fake... if it's running BB10, you can't fake that.
    08-12-21 06:57 AM
    Not sure what kinda of profit there would have been in making fake BlackBerry's.

Turn one on, if it's running Android it would be a fake... if it's running BB10, you can't fake that.
    I agree with you. But he states he has another Q10 that feels much heavier and that quality of plastic is better.

Are there different variations of quality for different regions? And do you recommend I do? It checks out on IMEI lookup and everything looks correct. And yes it is running BB10.
    08-12-21 08:14 AM
    I agree with you. But he states he has another Q10 that feels much heavier and that quality of plastic is better.

Are there different variations of quality for different regions? And do you recommend I do? It checks out on IMEI lookup and everything looks correct. And yes it is running BB10.
    Never heard of any major variations in build quality.... if fact I thought most of them were made in Mexico in the same Wistron factory. BlackBerry did have some small production in Canada for some product, but no real production differences. But Q10 wasn't made all over the world in different markets.

I had a white Z10 and my daughter had a black Z10... hers did feel "better".

Guess it's possible someone might have gone in the business of refurbishing Q10's.... new shell, new lighter battery. But can't imagine much profit it that.

Can imagine an individual complaining in hopes of a discount, or a refund on something that they really didn't want.

You are aware your stock has a expiration of date of only a few months....
    anon(10512033) likes this.
    08-12-21 08:54 AM