Hi all,
    I've tried searching for this, but not found anything to specifically help.

I have a Blackberry Q10 (I think that's the model number, based on a google image search) that I need to retrieve as much information from as possible,but the prioirty is audio notes.

The screen is smashed and doesn't display anything. I can connect it to my PC and Blackberry Link detects it but gives me an error saying the software on the device needs to be 10.1 or newer - or words to that effect.

Is there a way to update the software on the blackberry without using the screen? Or an alternative way of getting the audio notes/other data from the phone?

Any help greatly appreciated. I have the blackberry username and password associated with the phone.
    06-24-20 03:16 PM
    Hi all,
    I've tried searching for this, but not found anything to specifically help.

I have a Blackberry Q10 (I think that's the model number, based on a google image search) that I need to retrieve as much information from as possible,but the prioirty is audio notes.

The screen is smashed and doesn't display anything. I can connect it to my PC and Blackberry Link detects it but gives me an error saying the software on the device needs to be 10.1 or newer - or words to that effect.

Is there a way to update the software on the blackberry without using the screen? Or an alternative way of getting the audio notes/other data from the phone?

Any help greatly appreciated. I have the blackberry username and password associated with the phone.
    You can't update remotely without wiping the phone, so that can't help you.

If your phone is on its original OS from 2013 (hard to comprehend, as it has missed 5 years of updates), then it's true that Link won't connect.

I think you're stuck.
    06-24-20 06:36 PM