Hello guys and gyals,

I backed up my phone on BB Link last night(the usual) and decided to try BB 10.3 and everything went smoothly until I tried to restore my data back on the phone...BB Link asked to sign in with my BB ID because it needs to match the backup. Here is where things got really ugly and I have been struggling ever since....

1)my BB ID password is not working
    2)my secret question's answer is not working

I have tried every possible password I could have used and tried over 30 times(no joke) and nothing. I reached out to BB Help on twitter to see if there is a way to load my back up file and then I can simply just reset the ID and it will erase everything associated with the ID (BBM contacts etc) which is fine because it will be apart of my backup but no response yet....

Is there anything that I can do or am going to have to start from scratch....
    08-27-14 09:38 PM
    Without the BBID password, you are going to have to load up from scratch, I fear.
    08-27-14 10:07 PM
    Hello guys and gyals,

I backed up my phone on BB Link last night(the usual) and decided to try BB 10.3 and everything went smoothly until I tried to restore my data back on the phone...BB Link asked to sign in with my BB ID because it needs to match the backup. Here is where things got really ugly and I have been struggling ever since....

1)my BB ID password is not working
    2)my secret question's answer is not working

I have tried every possible password I could have used and tried over 30 times(no joke) and nothing. I reached out to BB Help on twitter to see if there is a way to load my back up file and then I can simply just reset the ID and it will erase everything associated with the ID (BBM contacts etc) which is fine because it will be apart of my backup but no response yet....

Is there anything that I can do or am going to have to start from scratch....
    When you did your back up, did you wipe the device? And did the name of your device change?

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss Z30!!!
    08-27-14 10:31 PM
    This really sucks! big time...
    08-27-14 10:33 PM
    Yes I did wipe the device...

Device name did not change...
    08-27-14 10:35 PM
    Yes I did wipe the device...

Device name did not change...
    Did you have a custom name for your device?

08-27-14 10:51 PM
    no I did not customize the name.
    08-27-14 10:58 PM
    OK that rules that out.

Are you running the latest BBLink?

08-27-14 11:03 PM
    Yes I am
    08-27-14 11:06 PM
    Bookie, when you set up the phone after the wipe it asked you to log into your BBID in the set up, so I assume you are logged into BlackBerry World right now under your current ID correct?

08-27-14 11:11 PM
    I am logged into BBWorld with my new ID that I had to create, the old ID which I cannot get into nor restore my data off my computer from is still there. I have tried so many times to log into my old BBID that I can only try once every 15 minutes now...
    08-27-14 11:13 PM
    I am logged into BBWorld with my new ID that I had to create, the old ID which I cannot get into nor restore my data off my computer from is still there. I have tried so many times to log into my old BBID that I can only try once every 15 minutes now...
    So you were never able to log into BlackBerry World on your device during the set up? Correct?

08-27-14 11:14 PM
    yes that is correct. So basically I have data on my computer that I cannot restore to the same device because BBID's are different now or BBID is not logged on my phone...I don't know why they even associated it with a login...desktop manager didn't have this nonsense...
    08-27-14 11:17 PM
    yes that is correct. So basically I have data on my computer that I cannot back up to the same device because BBID's are different now or BBID is not logged on my phone...I don't know why they even associated it with a login...desktop manager didn't have this nonsense...
    Ok, I'm starting to wonder a couple things . Let's play process of elimination. Just for sh*ts and giggles.

What device are you using? Z10, q10, z30?

08-27-14 11:20 PM
    Q10 sim has data...
    08-27-14 11:21 PM
    Ok, I'm starting to wonder a couple things . Let's play process of elimination. Just for sh*ts and giggles.

What device are you using? Z10, q10, z30?

May be a dumb question but you are using the same PC that you did the back up on?

08-27-14 11:26 PM
    yes I am...
    08-27-14 11:28 PM
    Try this on your BlackBerry:

(note, you MUST have the BlackBerry data plan on this SIM card you've inserted)

Options - Device -Applications, scroll to BlackBerry AppWorld and delete it.
    Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner:

Hold down the power button until it reboots

Now, using your BlackBerry browser, go to www.blackberry.com/appworld and download AppWorld again. It will update your BlackBerryID as well.

Try and Login.

08-27-14 11:32 PM

Now, using your BlackBerry browser, go to www.blackberry.com/appworld and download AppWorld again. It will update your BlackBerryID as well.

Try and Login.

Meaning your original BBID

08-27-14 11:33 PM
    I'm going to get you to lose that newbie title in no time

08-27-14 11:39 PM
    I'm getting sleepy here in Toronto

08-27-14 11:49 PM
    lol
    08-27-14 11:51 PM
    lol
    Are you able to get into BlackBerry World on your device using your original BBID?

08-27-14 11:54 PM
    That option does not exist, are you sure you are not talking about blackberry 7.1 options....

Now, using your BlackBerry browser, go to BlackBerry App World and download AppWorld again. It will update your BlackBerryID as well.

Try and Login.

08-27-14 11:54 PM
    I cannot even find a way to delete it, all i see are app permissions and default apps but there is nothing under default apps.
    08-27-14 11:55 PM
33 12