Hello, I am thinking of switching from Iphone 5 to a BB passport. There is an option in ios to select which apps use data via wifi only and which can be used via wifi and data. Is there something similar in BB10? Thanks!
    07-26-15 08:50 PM
    I know that at least for email, you can select whether or not headers or full messages can be downloaded when you're connected to Wifi, roaming, etc, but I'm not sure about other applications. (I have a Q10, FYI).

You can also select whether to auto connect to a wifi when one is available (globally). Not certain about other settings. (Not with my phone right now, so I can't check on what you specifically are asking - sorry!)

Hanya
    07-26-15 10:30 PM
    No unfortunately the controls are not that granular in bb10. One of the few features that I can actually appreciate in ios.
    07-26-15 11:15 PM
    With BlackBerry, android apps have to ask for permissions, but my experience is that they wont work at all unless you grant them all permissions they ask for. BlackBerry apps may ask for permissions too (they all seem to want to get into your BlackBerry Messenger), but you can say no and the apps will still work.

In the end, android is a security compromise and you have the choice with BlackBerry how much lf that android stuff you really want to, or 'need' to use, but the android apps do what they do and that is invade your privacy.

For me, I keep data off except when i want to use it but i DON'T see a problem with BlackBerrys draining data needlessly in the background. All three of my fav music apps (Pandora, Slacker, Live365) ask me each time if i want to use data or wifi, which is how i I prefer it.
    07-27-15 08:57 AM