I had my hands on a PRIV for a few minutes today at my local Rogers store and while swiping through the settings I thought I saw a place for Apps then I chose the tab to right and it said Apps on SD.

Does it mean what it sounds like? Can you install apps on an SD card in Android world? If so, this is awesome but I suspect there is another explanation.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 11:06 PM
    The only problem that I have found with this is, when you want to use the app you cant use it while on the sd you have to move it back to the phone

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-21-16 12:10 PM
    I have a moto G on Android 5.1 but only use it occasionally, and some Apps can be installed on SD Card depends on Developer and all my Apps on SD Card work normally without moving to phone, the Priv is on Android and should be the same ?.
    02-21-16 12:46 PM
    This is exciting if it works on the PRIV but at the very least for those with limited data I suppose you could download once large games or programs and transfer frequently as long as your save progress is maintained.

I would be very curious to know from current PRIV owners which major apps, if any, can run directly from the SD card.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-16 03:10 PM
    Depends on Developer options picked some apps work good from SD and some don't

With Marshmallow 6.0 Android it is bringing "Unified Storage" true use of the SD and it being treated as additional onboard storage and not as a separate storage medium.

Samsung seems to the only company not allowing that Android 6.0 feature..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-23-16 11:51 PM
    Samsung seems to the only company not allowing that Android 6.0 feature..
    I think the new LG G5 introduced this week is also blocking the adoptable storage. See: The LG G5 and Galaxy S7 won?t support Android 6.0?s adoptable storage | Ars Technica
    02-24-16 12:05 AM
    Will BlackBerry enable this feature? Anyone in the know at BlackBerry please chime in.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-16 06:45 AM