I'm Restoring my Z30 after an update. I dont want to restore my applications or accounts. I just mainly need my remember folders and my password Keeper and my word customizations. My phone has been giving so many problems so I wiped it and restored the OS completely and then when I powered it up it said there was an update now all I need from my back up like I said befor is my Passwords word substitutions and Remember folders. Is there any way of doing this ???
    09-04-14 12:09 AM
    I'm Restoring my Z30 after an update. I dont want to restore my applications or accounts. I just mainly need my remember folders and my password Keeper and my word customizations. My phone has been giving so many problems so I wiped it and restored the OS completely and then when I powered it up it said there was an update now all I need from my back up like I said befor is my Passwords word substitutions and Remember folders. Is there any way of doing this ???
    Custom restore in Link, select Application data and scroll through the list.
    09-04-14 12:14 AM
    Custom restore in Link, select Application data and scroll through the list.
    Is this only applicable to the Z30?
    I, also, only want to restore partial data (including password keeper) on my Z10. Checking applications doesn't* give me a list to chose from.
    09-08-14 12:45 PM
    Is this only applicable to the Z30?
    I, also, only want to restore partial data (including password keeper) on my Z10. Checking applications doesn't* give me a list to chose from.
    Works the same for all BB10 devices. Did you check off "custom restore"? If your Link software is current then it should provide you the list in a second dialog after you click the Restore button.
    09-08-14 03:26 PM
    Yup, chose custom. None of the three options allows me to drill down to specifics. I downloaded Link again on Sunday.
    I think I've now reinstalled each one and don't have my PK data. Lesson learned.

ETA: Password Keeper is under settings data. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...a/td-p/2464513 I was able to get my passwords back. However, I do not have the option of selecting individual parts of data.
    Last edited by kaa15; 09-09-14 at 02:12 AM.
    09-08-14 11:29 PM
    Yup, chose custom. None of the three options allows me to drill down to specifics. I downloaded Link again on Sunday.
    I think I've now reinstalled each one and don't have my PK data. Lesson learned.

ETA: Password Keeper is under settings data. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...a/td-p/2464513 I was able to get my passwords back. However, I do not have the option of selecting individual parts of data.
    Yes, sadly, Settings is all or nothing. However, you could always restore Settings, backup and export your PK data, then wipe your device again and proceed from there setting up in whatever manner you wish.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 06:07 PM
    I did try exporting the PK but it didn't work (at least not as expected). I have the pw now and I'll just add them again manually. It'll be on my list to get it backed up outside of Link. I just didn't want to keep messing with it since I'd already did things the hard way due to forgetfulness.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:50 PM